1 year product guarantee
Free delivery on most orders over £25
Rated 4.9/5 stars on Feefo
Researched & tested products
Innovating for over 20 years!
Supporting Redwings Horse Sanctuary
Head of Product & Supply
Job Title: Head of Product & Supply
Direct Reports: Yes (small team of 4-5)
Equilibrium Products Ltd has been around for 20 years with the mission to improve horse welfare by producing innovative wellbeing-based products. We are excited to be adding to our team with this new role.
The Head of Product & Supply is a key leadership role within the company and will report directly to the Managing Director. We are looking for someone who can hit ground running. To succeed, you will work well under pressure, be able to multi task, work to deadlines and be ready to think outside the box. You will manage your time effectively and be willing to go the extra mile. You will be highly driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and organised. We are looking for an individual who has both creative and commercial flair. A natural leader who is positive and proactive in identifying new product opportunities and solving problems.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of managing the supply chain and new product development in a consumer goods environment. Expertise in sourcing goods domestically and internationally is critical. Experience in the equestrian industry would be an advantage but a strong candidate with other consumer goods experience will be also considered.
· Previous experience as a supply chain manager
· Excellent project management and organisational skills.
· Knowledge of supply chain processes.
· A strategic and analytic mind.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Leadership abilities.
· Knowledge of product life cycles and management
· People management
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Manage and development of the product team.
· Managing of the new product development programme to ensure projects are kept on track on time and budget
· Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy
· Product portfolio management to maximise sales and profit.
· Development and presentation of business cases for new projects.
· Management of product concept development.
· Determine key supply chain KPIs
· Suggest solutions for process improvements
· Management of consumer research for product development.
· Supplier management of lead times, quality control procedures and price negotiation.
· Sourcing and auditing of new suppliers to strengthen supply chain.
· Identify ways to improve product quality, innovation, lead times and cost.
· Organisation of the shipment of goods from suppler to our warehouse or direct to customers.
· Management of the shipping timetable.
· Management of stock and reordering of stock to ensure continuous supply without excessive stock levels.
· Management of the quality assurance and quality control systems and procedures.
· Oversight of the UFAS/NOPS scheme on nutrition products (assisted by Office Manager).
· Attend the monthly senior management team meeting reporting on the status of product & supply.
· Collaborate with sales, operations and customer service teams
A mix of office based (near Leighton Buzzard) and home working, the successful candidate will also be expected to travel and stay away from home overnight both domestically and internationally. A clean driving license and a valid passport is required.
What’s on offer?
An attractive salary and target related bonus, pool vehicle for business use and up to 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, and a company pension are on offer. You will also receive staff discounts, a free product allowance, regular training, and personal development and most importantly the opportunity to be part of a company with ambitious plans for the next few years with the opportunity to develop within the company.
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing why you think you would be a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org