Stellar Headcollar and FREE leadrope
The Equilibrium Stellar Safety Headcollar could save your horse from serious injury, why risk it with your current headcollar? Smart, weather-proof, and scientifically tested too. Now with a FREE leadrope. Offer ending 31st March 2023.
We all know accidents with headcollars happen, but you think “it’ll never happen to me!”, however independent research by Dr David Marlin showed it is far more common than you realise, 1 in 3 people had experienced a horse being injured because of a headcollar accident. But it’s okay because you use a leather headcollar right? Well, according to the research even a leather headcollars could suspend a weight of 200kg before it will break!
So, the Equilibrium team set out to design a headcollar that will break when you need it to, to prevent injury, but doesn’t break so easily that you have a loose horse galloping about! The result was the Equilibrium Stellar® Safety Headcollar.
The Stellar® Field Safe Headcollar has been scientifically tested to have a consistent release point where the headpiece releases when poll pressure is applied, with an average of 83kg of downward force. Our research indicates that this is strong enough for safe horse handling, but low enough to prevent serious injury to the horse in the event of an incident.
UK Patent Application No. 2000234.1
- Reusable safety release system prevents injury to the soft tissue and nerves on the face, poll and neck of the horse.
- Scientifically tested.
- Smart, durable material. Made from PVC with stainless steel fittings.
- Neoprene padding for comfort, on the headpiece and nosepiece.
- Ideal for traveling.
- Perfect as a field safe headcollar.
- Weather-proof, drop it in the mud and after a quick wipe it looks brand new again!
- UK Patent Application No. 2000234.1.
- Ideal for use with the Field Relief Muzzle Protector.
- Matching Stellar Leadrope.
Use and Care
Stellar® Headcollar Use:
Click the stud fasteners on the headpiece firmly shut, before sliding the keeper over the end of the headpiece as illustrated. The keeper must ALWAYS be over the end for the release system to work as intended.
Take care to keep the stud fasteners clean to ensure efficient closure of the headpiece. The Stellar® headcollar is based on a standard bridle size, however please contact us if you need a more tailored fit.
Taking Care of your Stellar® Headcollar
Clean with a soft cloth or sponge and warm water. Do not use soaps, detergents, or oils as this can damage the weatherproof material.
We approached Dr David Marlin to find out if there was any research on headcollars. He couldn’t find anything in scientific literature, which we found quite surprising as headcollars are used so frequently.
Dr David Marlin started researching by conducting a survey of 5615 horse owners* to find out their experience with using headcollars. This included how often they use them and the problems associated with them.
Again, the results were surprising.
Almost 1 out of 3 people experienced a horse being injured as a result of a headcollar.
More than 1 in 7 people have been injured in a headcollar related incident.
There were 167 horse fatalities as a result of a headcollar.
Diving into the horse injuries – it didn’t seem to matter what headcollar they were using. There were combinations of standard headcollars, safety headcollars and safety devices, however baler twine was associated with a higher risk of injury.
These results demonstrated that perhaps, headcollars should be investigated in more depth…
There are a lot of different headcollar designs, materials and safety systems. However none of them appear to have been studied in any kind of systematic way.
For the next stage of testing, Dr David Marlin constructed a testing rig, to measure at what load the different headcollars broke or released at.
Firstly, typical headcollars were identified – webbing, synthetic, rope, leather, safety.
Each headcollar was tested in a standardised way which was repeatable. They were tested 6 times. For headcollars which broke, there was a new one tested each time. For safety headcollars that released, they were re-used if possible.
The results showed that some broke incredibly easily, while others were so strong that they could suspend more than an average horses weight without breaking.
Based on this research, it appears that there is a need for an appropriate load for headcollars to release at, especially if they are a safety headcollar.
When handling horses, we can’t afford for a headcollar to release at too low a force, because it’s not practical to use. However if the headcollar doesn’t open at all or at a high load, it increases the risk of injury and, as we’ve seen from the survey results, the injury could even be fatal.
Stellar® has been independently field tested by Writtle University College on their yard by a variety of people and horses for all general horse handling.
|Point||Taken from||XS Small Pony||S Pony||M Cob||L Horse/Full||XL Large Horse/Extra Full|
|A||Poll to noseband (cm)||40||45||49/50||54||58|
|B||Circumference around nose (cm)||40-50||50-60||50-60||60-70||70-80|
|Taken from||Poll to noseband (cm)|
|XS Small Pony||40|
|XL Large Horse/Extra Full||58|
|Taken from||Circumference around nose (cm)|
|XS Small Pony||40-50|
|XL Large Horse/Extra Full||70-80|
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Economy 2-4 Working Days – £4.99 or FREE for orders over £40 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Two Working Days Delivery, orders over £100 and placed before 2pm – Free (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £9.99 (up to 15kg)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like
- Massage Mitt HotspotView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Target, soothe and relax your horses hardworking muscles with comforting…
- Munch Net£4.50 View productSelect options
Extend eating times and help prevent boredom with this small-holed…
- AirmunchView productRead moreRead more
Give your horse a healthy treat and support their respiratory…
You might also like...
- Crunchits£4.99 – £9.99 View productSelect options
Taste the CRUNCH with these low sugar, molasses free horse…