A horsefly glue trap specially designed for controlling biting insects in the field or around the stable
Winner of the BETA Innovations Award 2018, Sticky Trap is a specially developed horsefly glue trap to help catch and control horseflies, hornets, stable flies, and other biting insects both in the field, stable, and around the yard.
Made from natural materials, Sticky Trap is both rainproof and long-lasting. Its unique recipe does not attract pollinating insects such as bees and butterflies, but instead exploits the infrared vision of hunting insects which helps them to find warm-blooded prey. When painted on a dark surface (like the Hanging Bucket available as part of the multibuy), Sticky Trap warms in the sun, and moves in the breeze which simulates the prey of biting insects; enticing them to land and become stuck to the bucket.
Features of Sticky Trap Horsefly Glue include:
- Economic and long-lasting, Sticky Trap Horsefly Glue can be effective for up to 20 weeks!
- Made from non-toxic, natural ingredients and free from pesticides
- Environmentally friendly – Pollinating insects like bees and butterflies will not be attracted to Sticky Trap
- Supplied in a 500ml tub
How does Sticky Trap Horsefly Glue Work?
Sticky Trap Horsefly Glue works by attracting and catching horseflies and other biting insects. For effective results in the field, Sticky Trap should be painted on to a dark coloured surface, like the Hanging Bucket. For best results in the stable, a white bucket is more effective.
Sticky Trap works best if this surface is suspended from the ground, and free to move in the wind, this is because:
- The suspended bucket imitates the features of the insects’ natural prey through heat (warming from the sun) and movement (free-movement from the wind)
- The insect’s infrared vision attracts the insect to the bucket
- The insect attempts to bite the surface but instead becomes stuck to the surface
How Can I Hang My Horsefly Trap?
To make sure your fly trap works effectively, your trap must be able to move freely (we do not recommend painting Sticky Trap on to your fence!) so it is best to be hanging. This can be done with a bit of DIY, but to make things easier we would recommend using a freestanding Shepherds Hook Stand, like this one, available from Amazon.