Tri-Zone Impact Sports Boots
£34.98 – £79.99Save £40.01
High impact horse cross country boots, independently tested protection that you can trust that will also keep your horses’ legs cool, allow them to move freely and won’t weigh them down or hold water! With maximum protection, ideal for Cross Country, Polo and Racing.
Gallop out that start box without a worry for your horses’ legs with the Equilibrium Impact Sports Boots. The ultimate horse boot for high impact activities such as cross country, polo or racing but also good for everyday hacking and jumping for those accident-prone horses!
- Protects from concussion and penetration injuries. Tested to protect if the horse was to hit a solid fence or strike itself.
- Lightweight even when wet! Save your horse the effort and reduce tiredness.
- Breathable horse boots, allows heat to escape with unique multilayer mesh design. Keeping legs cool is so important for helping to prevent injury to tendons and ligaments.
- Flexible design to allow freedom of the horses’ movement. Stiff or tight boots can affect stride and joint movement.
- Trusted boots developed using latest research and independently tested. Read more about our testing.
- Moulds round the leg for a perfect fit.
- Specially designed front and hind boots.
- Supplied in pairs.
What is the inspiration behind the Impact Sports Boot?
There are so many things to consider when purchasing horse boots, that we wanted to offer a boot where you didn't have to compromise at all. Generally if you go for a hard shell/very protective boot, it can be heavy, inflexible and unbreathable. Likewise, a lightweight boot might be more breathable and flexible, but won't offer the protection that is needed. The Impact Sports Boots offers protection that is tested to withstand overreaching, hitting a cross country fence, etc, yet still retains all the other desired features to keep your horse comfortable and their legs in good shape!
Protection provided by the Impact Sports Boots for horses.
The boot design uses a five-layer system, each chosen for their unique properties
The first layer is provides a inner lining that sits against the horses' leg. Made from perforated EVA (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate), the liner sits comfortably against the leg. The perforations allow heat to escape and aids breathability, while the flexibility of the material allows it to mould to the horses' leg.
Layer two is a strong nylon mesh. This adds another layer of protection to the sports boots, but also stops any debris making its way into the boot towards your horses' leg.
Layer three is the internal guard made from vinyl - a string, durable and moisture resistant material. This layer is placed over the vulnerable tendon area and is made with strips of material to allow it to mould around the horses leg. This allows the horse to move freely without the feeling of a ‘splint’.
The fourth layer is a EVA waffle. Commonly used in the soles of human shoes and as padding on sports equipment, this material is durable, breathable, and protective! We’ve made sure it's easy to clean and maintain too!
Finally, layer five includes strategically placed vinyl strike guards. On the front boot, these are placed down the vulnerable tendon area, as well as at the front of the boot. On the hind boot, they cover the vast majority of the inside of the horses' leg.
Who are Tri-Zone Impact Sports Boots for?
Anyone can use Tri-Zone Impact Sports Boots when they are looking for maximum protection, without having to compromise on breathability, fit and flexibility. However here are a few scenarios they are commonly used in:
- as a highly protective turnout boot
- a lightweight cross country with maximum protection
- a racing boot which doesn't weigh the leg down more than needed
- a polo/polo-cross or mounted games boot
- as a durable and long-lasting everyday boot.
How do I care for the Tri-Zone Impact Sports Boot?
Machine washable at 30 degrees, so you can quickly and easily clean your boots. Our Hook Cleaner Brush can also help keep your straps debris free and prolong their life.
Or for quick day to day care, you can give them a short rinse on the yard and leave them to dry ready for the next day.
Boot Testing – Boots are safety equipment!
As riders, we protect our most vital areas (head and torso) with riding hats, body protectors and more recently air jackets. Rider protective equipment is subjected to extensive testing to meet standards and regulations and we believe that as a vital part of your horse, protective boots for your horse’s legs should undergo a similar testing process.
Tri-Zone boots go through a unique 3-phase testing process giving you confidence that you are choosing the best leg protection for your horse. Materials are carefully selected to provide maximum protection but without being bulky, heavy and not make your horses legs hot and sweaty. Each individual layer in the Tri-Zone boot is researched and sourced for their advanced technical properties and tested in an independent laboratory before it goes anywhere near a horse’s leg.
Testing Phase 1 – Independent Laboratory
In the same laboratory that test standards of riding hats and body protectors, Tri-Zone boots are safety tested to their limits for their ability to withstand concussion and penetration whilst remaining lightweight, breathable and flexible.
For concussion and penetration the testing is carried out using a custom made test rig consisting of a tower from which either a blunt hammer or a cutting blade is dropped onto the boots in a controlled fashion. The weight of the blade and hammer are fixed and different forces are applied to the boots by varying the height from which they were dropped onto the boots. Boots were hit with forces ranging from 1.25 to 20 Joules. These forces were chosen as being those likely to occur in the horse during exercise, for example when hitting obstacles or over-reaching.
Heat & Breathability
We measure how well our boots allow heat to escape to reduce the risk of tissue damage. Research shows when tendon cells are heated to 48°C for 10 minutes approx, 80% of them die.
The heat release is estimated by fitting boots to a metal flask of water at 45°C in a room at 20°C with no significant radiation. The surface temperature is measured using a thermal camera. We tested Tri-Zone boots, along with a number of other boots.
It was clear that some boots were effective insulators and kept the heat in so the outside of the boot appeared cold. Other boots were much hotter on the surface, showing that they were allowing heat to escape.
Heat release was measured looking at the rate at which the temperature of the water in the flask dropped whilst 20°C air was being blown over the boot (via a fan).This was done to simulate the movement of air as would occur during exercise.
If boots are constructed of inflexible (i.e. stiff) material or if boots are applied too tightly, they have the potential to restrict joint movement and cause other problems such as tendonitis. Stride characteristics and performance could also be affected. Boots need to allow as much freedom of movement as possible without compromising on their primary function of protection. We test our boots to make sure that they do not restrict the horse’s movement whilst still exceeding protection requirements. An 8cm x 1m steel pipe is set up secured to a workbench. The boots are fixed to the pipe and a 10kg weight is attached with a clip on the boot and the downward direction measured. The degree of flexibility is measured by how much the boot bends.
Adding even small amounts of weight to the end of the leg in the form of a boot significantly increases the effort the horse must make to run and can also alter the stride characteristics. Some boots can double in weight if the horse is being exercised in the rain, on wet ground or going through water. This can seriously affect stamina and performance. We design and test our boots to minimise water absorption, excess weight but without compromising on protection.
Testing Phase 2 – Tester Panel
The boots then undergo trials by an extensive tester panel of horse owners and riders who test them for the fit, comfort, ease of use and washing to ensure we have not only a safe product but one that people can easily use and trust.
Testing Phase 3 – Rider Tests
Finally the boots go through the rigorous test of being used all day, every day on busy competition yards by teams of professional riders. Tri-Zone boots are worn either at home or at competitions by an array of Olympic riders, world champions and top producers.
|Point||Taken From||XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||L Horse 16hh-16.2hh|
|A||Canon bone width (cm)||16-18||18-20||20-22||22-24|
|B||Length of boot (cm)||18||20||21.5||23|
|Taken From||Canon bone width (cm)|
|XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||16-18|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||18-20|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||20-22|
|L Horse 16hh-16.2hh||22-24|
|Taken From||Length of boot (cm)|
|XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||18|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||20|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||21.5|
|L Horse 16hh-16.2hh||23|
When purchasing fronts and hinds, the hinds should be the same size as your front boots.
I.e. If your horse is 16.2hh, they would need a Large Front and a Large Hind.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Economy 4-6 Working Days – £3.95 or FREE for orders over £25 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Next Working Day Delivery, Orders placed before 2pm – £5.95 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- For orders over £99 – Free Next Day Delivery
- Scottish Highland & Islands Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For. For orders up to 2kg – £3.95 (weight variable)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery for orders up to £75 – £9.95 (weight variable)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery for orders over £75 – £7.95 (weight variable)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Therapy Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Therapy Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like...
Tri-Zone All Sports Boots£49.99 View product
Tri-Zone All Sports Boots
All round tested protection for all disciplines – whether you’re…
Small Black Duffle BagView product
Small Black Duffle Bag
Small duffle bag, ideal for storing boots, wraps etc.
Tri-Zone Over Reach Boots£29.99 View product
Tri-Zone Over Reach Boots
Tested, hard-wearing over reach boots for horses, specifically designed for…
Tri-Zone Open Fronted Tendon Boots£59.99 View product
Tri-Zone Open Fronted Tendon Boots
The Equilibrium Tri-Zone Open Fronted Tendon Boots flexibly mould to…