1 year product guarantee
Free delivery on most orders over £25
Rated 4.9/5 stars on Feefo
Researched & tested products
Innovating for over 20 years!
Supporting Redwings Horse Sanctuary
Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award Winner
Get more time to pay with Klarna
Recruitment - Business Development Manager (South)
Equilibrium Products Ltd are on the lookout for a part time field-based Business Development Manager to drive revenues from the UK retail market covering the South of the UK.
Equilibrium Products Ltd has been around for over 20 years with the mission to improve horse welfare by producing innovative wellbeing-based products.
Reporting into the UK Sales Director, the Southern Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing our UK trade revenue through building long term profitable relationships with key retailers across the country.
We are looking for someone who can hit ground running. To succeed in this role, you will work well under pressure, to deadlines and be ready to think outside the box. You will be able to manage your time effectively and be willing to go the extra mile. You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, and organised.
The part time role is field based and will involve visiting retailers throughout the midlands and southern part of UK each week. It will also involve attending open days and shows (including some weekends and evenings), to promote Equilibrium Products.
Hours and day can be flexible within reason.
We are looking for:
- Someone with a minimum of 3 years field sales experience – you need to be experienced in diary planning and covering a large geographical patch to service your customer base
- A strong equine background.
- A demonstrable history of achieving and exceeding sales targets and KPI’s.
- A bright, enthusiastic ‘people person’ with strong interpersonal skills.
- A confident communicator with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Someone not afraid to take initiative and gets things done, a self-starter who is highly computer literate.
- A strong team player who is highly organised and able to manage their time effectively.
- Build strong relationships both face to face and remotely to develop our growing UK customer base and revenues.
- Identify opportunities to grow revenue through creating long term partnerships.
- Visit customers to build, maintain and manage relationships at all levels. Sell in new products, deliver product training and work with marketing team to increase share of voice for our products in store and online.
- Whilst this role is 75% account management there will be an expectation to develop new business so you must be able to and confident to proactively seek new customers and revenue opportunities as part of the role.
- Manage a small team of show staff as part of our commitment to work with retailers at events and open days.
- Confidently step into a more senior role whilst other managers are away from the business.
Full UK Driving licence.
Previous experience working within the equestrian or animal industry (or similar), or horse owner or someone with a knowledge of horses would be an advantage.
This part time role will include extensive travel across the UK, home working and visits to our office near Leighton Buzzard for team meetings and training.
We are looking for someone for a minimum of 2 days a week but would also consider someone looking for 3 or 4 days for this role. This would suit someone looking for more flexibility in their working life.
An attractive salary and target related bonus, pool vehicle for business use and up to 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, and a company pension are on offer. You will also receive staff discounts, a free product allowance, regular training, and personal development and most importantly the opportunity to be part of a company with ambitious plans for the next few years with the opportunity to develop within the company.
To apply for this role, please send your C.V. and a covering letter stating why you think you could be the person we are looking for along with your salary expectations and preferred hours/days to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is 30th September 2022.