£4.50 – £22.50
Chill out and keep your horse occupied with a calmmunch fibre block for horses!
Sold in packs of 5 x 1kg blocks.
The perfect companion for stressful situations, Calmmunch by its high fibre nature will help keep your horse occupied with its delicious timothy hay, while providing magnesium, B vitamins, camomile and hops to support calm behaviour.
What inspired this Calmmunch fibre block?
As a company focused on the horses’ wellbeing, we thought it was only right to look at the mental and nutritional wellbeing of our equine friends too!
What is in Calmmunch?
Made with only the best ingredients, our Calmmunch fibre blocks are made from timothy hay. Fortified with carefully selected ingredients which are well known for their calming properties.
Camomile – traditionally used to help with nervous tension and support digestion
Hops – traditionally used for restlessness or excitability
Timothy Hay – naturally high in fibre and low in sugar, and super tasty!
Who is it for?
While all horses can enjoy a Calmmunch block due to its high fibre and low sugar content, it may be of most benefit to:
- Horses who are nervous or anxious
- During stressful situations – change of routine, yard, farrier, etc
- When travelling
- At competitions
- Horses on box rest
- As a distraction when companions go out
Ways to feed Calmmunch fibre blocks.
There is no right or wrong way, it’s whatever works for your horse.
As most horses are keen to try gobble it down, feeding Calmmunch in a specialised munch net can help slow down those eager feeders. You can also place it in the middle of their normal haynet so they spend time trying to hunt down the tasty treat!
For oldies whose teeth don’t quite do as well as they used to, or all horses in the winter, soaking the munch block will see it evolve into a warm, tasty bowl full of delicious goodness, right in front of your eyes!
It can of course be fed in the field or stable on its own on the ground or in a bowl. The highly compressed nature of the block will naturally slow eating down and act as a boredom breaker too!
Timothy grass, high temperature dried (95%), alfalfa, magnesium oxide, salt, camomile (0.3%), vervain (0.15%), hops (1%), rapeseed oil, vitamins.
Ingredients and nutritional value:
Crude protein 9%
Crude Oils and Fats 1.8%
Crude Fibre 30%
Crude Ash 7.8%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine mononitrate, 3a821) 125 mg/kg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride 3a831) 50 mg/kg
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 500 ug/kg
The horse evolved as a browsing herbivore, covering a great distance each day whilst nibbling at the variety of grasses and shrubs on the way. Horses like to select their food, but in modern feeding, diets tend to remain the same mix of forage and hard feed, and in doing so, the variety they are hard wired to look for, is restricted.
Munch is based on fibre, the natural foundation of a horse’s daily diet.
Adding one or two to the daily diet will not cause digestive upset, in fact being based on fibre, adding Munch to the diet only adds more of what a horse is naturally designed to digest.
Firstly, it is difficult to over feed Munch because they take so long to eat, and with sealed packaging it is hard for a horse to “steal” one!
Munch fibre base and low energy and sugar contents mean that if excess numbers are eaten there is a low risk of digestive upset.
However if Munch is accidentally over-fed, four blocks would equal a super-dose of the various vitamins and minerals, but not at levels that will cause harm.
Yes, Munch is designed to be a complementary addition to the diet. When used as an occasional snack there is no need to change your usual supplement feeding.
Yes, lightly damped with a litre of water and left for ten minutes, an individual Munch fibre block will soften and fluff up so that horses with poor dentition can easily bite into it. You can use warm water for to soak it for a treat in winter. Ensure soaked munch is fed immediately, to prevent moulds developing.
Yes, up to 1 block per day. For very overweight ponies, reduce the hay allocation by 1kg per Munch.
Munch will keep for up to a week after opening but should be stored in a cool dry place. Uncovered Munch will absorb moisture from the atmosphere and will soften and expand. If you have soaked munch it does need to be fed straight away.
- Munch can be used as part of the dietary management of horses and ponies at risk of, or prone to, laminitis.
- Munch is low energy so can be used in low energy or restricted diets.
- Munch is low sugar -low soluble carbohydrate diets are recommended for laminitis risk animals.
- Munch is fortified – additional vitamins and minerals will top up reduced supply from a restricted diet.
Donkeys, cows, pigs, rabbits, guinea pigs can all enjoy vitamunch® safely. Sheep are common equine companions but find any additional copper in the diet toxic, and so vitamunch is not recommended for them. Goats do not exhibit the same intolerance to copper as sheep but are not in turn as tolerant as horses and cows at handling excess. Therefore care should be taken not to allow goats free access to vitamunch. If using vitamunch for a horse that has a goat or sheep as a stable companion, consider feeding the vitamunch in a munch net out of the reach of their ovine or caprine friend.
The alfalfa content is 3.25% of each block.
Yes you can feed it just before riding. The rate of intake of munch is relatively slow and so the volumes entering the digestive tract will be relatively low too.
a. The first issue with feeding a large meal before exercise is that it diverts blood flow from the extremities (i.e. muscles) to digestive tract. The little and often mode of eating of Munch means that this is not an issue.
b. A second issue is that large meals bind a lot of water which adds to the weight a horse is carrying, again the relatively low intake means that this is not an issue either.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Standard Delivery – 2 Working Days – £4.99 – for orders under £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Delivery – 2 Working Days – for orders over £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £7.99 (up to 15kg)
- Next Day Delivery – £6.99 – for orders under £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Next Day Delivery – for orders over £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
Stellar Headcollar£34.99 View productSelect options
Perfect Product Imperfect Packaging The Equilibrium Stellar Safety Headcollar could…
Massage Mitt Hotspot£140.00 View productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Target, soothe and relax your horses hardworking muscles with comforting…
Munch Net£4.50 View productSelect options
Extend eating times and help prevent boredom with this small-holed…
Stellar Lead Rope£12.99 View productSelect options
Stellar Lead Rope
The only lead rope you need for you horse! The…