Equi-Chaps Hardy Chaps
Tough turnout protection for field hooligans for the entire lower leg, all the way to the coronet band.
Visiting us from outside the UK? Click here – Find my Country
Horse turnout boots designed to be tough! Made from 7mm water resistant and fast drying neoprene.
The Hardy Chaps:
- Are ideal for boisterous, playful or accident-prone horses in the field.
- Offer maximum coverage, extending from below the knee/hock down to the coronet band
- Save precious time in the winter months with less cleaning
- Maintain healthy skin, providing a barrier from the winter elements
- Easy to wash and quick to dry
What inspired the Hardy Turnout Boots?
These tough turnout chaps were made as a result from a request from a popular dressage yard. As some competition yards do, the horses had limited turnout. So when the horses did go out, you can image they threw some shapes! Hardy Chaps were designed to help them enjoy their field time, safely!
The design of the Hardy Chaps.
What material is used in the Hardy Chaps Turnout Boots?
The 7mm neoprene, lined on the outside with a textured fabric and with polyester on the inside, is tough on the outside and comfortable on the inside protecting your horse from potential injury. The material is fast drying, so they are easy to wash mud off and dry for the following day.
Why do the Hardy Chaps fit so far down the leg.
For maximum coverage and protection, the Hardy Chaps extend from below the knee/hock all the way down to the coronet band. This means the correct size is essential to ensure the entire lower leg is protected.
Who are the Hardy Turnout Boots for?
These turnout boots are perfect for horse owners who would like to:
• Keep legs clean in the field
• Protect their horses’ legs against mud and wet in the field
• Help protect against leg injuries in the field
• Save time in their winter routine
• Keep their older horses’ legs and joints warmer in the winter months
Please note, these boots are not suitable for horses with a neoprene allergy. Please limit the time worn in warmer weather due to their thick material.
Caring for the Hardy Chaps:
Machine washable at 30 degrees, and quick to dry means they are easy to care for. However, for day to day, giving them a quick wash off once your horse has come in is best practice if they are particularly muddy. While they do dry quickly, having a second set on standby can help if the weather is particularly bad, cold and wet!
|Point||Taken from||XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||MW Cob/Chunky Horse 14.2hh-16hh||L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||XL Large Horse 16.3hh+|
|A||Canon bone width (cm)||16-18||18-20||20-22||22-24||22-24||24-26|
|B||Length of wrap front SAM (cm)||30||33||36||36||40||42|
|Taken from||Canon bone width (cm)|
|XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||16-18|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||18-20|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||20-22|
|MW Cob/Chunky Horse 14.2hh-16hh||22-24|
|L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||22-24|
|XL Large Horse 16.3hh+||24-26|
|Taken from||Length of wrap front SAM (cm)|
|XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||30|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||33|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||36|
|MW Cob/Chunky Horse 14.2hh-16hh||36|
|L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||40|
|XL Large Horse 16.3hh+||42|
Hardy Chaps should not be worn 24 hours a day. Especially in warm weather, when they should only be worn for between 3/4 hours a day. In cooler weather they can be worn for longer periods of time as long as they checked regularly for signs of heat build up.
The only Equi-Chaps you can wear for long periods in the stable are the Stable Chaps, we don’t recommend using the Close Contact Chaps or Hardy Chaps in the stable.
The Stable Chaps can be put on wet legs as they can help dry the legs, plus they are 100% breathable. We don’t advise putting the Close Contact Chaps or the Hardy Chaps on wet legs.
Yes it is possible to ride in either but as with all leg protection you must make sure it is fits well and is fitted properly before mounting up. We do however offer other boots and wraps specifically designed for ridden work which will be better suited. We do make boots in the Tri-Zone range specifically for jumping and in the Stretch & Flex range for mainly flatwork and some jumping.
The Close Contact Chaps provide a greater level of support to the horse’s legs than the Hardy Chaps due to the stretchy nature of the fabric. The Close Contact Chaps are designed to fit snugly, whereas the Hardy Chaps fit more loosely and do not have any stretch at all.
Yes the whole range, Close Contact Chaps, Stable Chaps and Hardy Chaps come in pairs.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Standard Delivery – 2 Working Days – £4.99 – for orders under £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Delivery – 2 Working Days – for orders over £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £7.99 (up to 15kg)
- Next Day Delivery – £6.99 – for orders under £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Next Day Delivery – for orders over £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like...
54.9939.99Save £15.00 SaleEqui-Chaps Close Contact ChapsView productSelect options
Equi-Chaps Close Contact Chaps
Save time, maintain healthy skin and keep mud away with…
34.9929.99Save £5.00 SaleEqui-Chaps Stable ChapsView productSelect options
Equi-Chaps Stable Chaps
A quick alternative to bandages, these stable boots are designed…
Skin Soother£2.99 – £10.99 View productSelect options
Soothe and calm skin irritations naturally. Perfect for horses prone…
SAVE on Massage Pads, Hotspots, Equi-Chaps and selected All Sports
Product you want not on sale? Use the codes below*
BLACK10 for £10 off a £100 spend
BLACK25 for £25 off a £150 spend
BLACK50 for £50 off a £200 spend
*Excludes Massage Pad Heatsense. Can't be used with any other offer.