Equilibrium Massage Mitt
Unfortunately we are out of stock until the end of February. However we do have stock of our Massage Mitt Hotspot!
Reach anywhere with this lightweight, hand-held and portable massage mitt for horses.
- Based on the Massage Pad technology, which is proven to increase relaxation and flexibility.
- Battery operated, so you can take it wherever you go!
- 3 intensity settings which you can tailor to your horses needs.
- 2-year guarantee.
What inspired the horse Massage Mitt?
As an extension of the Equilibrium Massage range, the Mitt was brought in to extend the positive effect the Massage Pad was having on horses across the world. While the Massage Pad effectively targets the back, the Massage Mitt can target any muscle you want to!
Using the equine Massage Mitt:
The Massage Mitt has three different settings, which can be selected easily from the mitt control panel. You can select the intensity of the program to suit your horses’ needs. Each program has three different types of massage: pulsing, vibration and stroking. This ensures the muscles are worked in different ways. Each session lasts 10 minutes which allows enough time for full coverage over the horses’ muscle groups.
The Massage Mitt can be easily incorporated into your warming up and cooling down routine.
- The low setting can then be used as part of a gentle cool down.
- The medium setting can be used to help warm muscles up prior to exercise or on a day off.
- The high setting can be used for those horses that prefer a more intense massage.
Using the Massage Mitt as an all over massage for your horse:
Use the massage mitt in a slow sweeping motion over all muscle groups (neck, shoulder, back, hindquarters and hamstrings) running in the same direction as the hair. Spend 2 minutes on each muscle group, making sure that you repeat this on both sides of the horse.
Using the Massage Mitt to target specific areas on your horse:
Spend longer on the areas that are specific to what your horse needs. We suggest 4 minutes per targeted muscle group, again being sure to do the same on both sides of the horse. For more information on muscle groups specific to discipline, read here.
How can Massage benefit horses?
As found with our Equilibrium Massage Pad, there are several benefits of massage.
Massage is well known for its ‘feel good’ factor and our Massage Pad has been shown to aid relaxation and assist with the maintenance of healthy muscle and muscle function. Tension is often one of the most common reasons for poor performance. By increasing relaxation and improving back flexibility, the negative effects of tension can be reduced. A relaxed horse, with relaxed muscles, will move with fluidity and suppleness which is particularly important for competition horses performing dressage movements, and those jumping technical fences.
Who is the Massage Mitt for?
All horses and ponies could certainly benefit from the Massage Mitt, including those
• At rest/retirement
• In work from hacking to competition. This includes horses returning to work or retraining.
• For older horses
• Horses on box rest, standing in for long periods of time or on limited turnout.
How do I care for the Massage Mitt?
The Massage Mitt just needs a gentle wipe down with a damp, clean cloth if the material gets scurfy. For Battery and Charger care, please see their safety instructions included in the packaging, or here.
Other products in the range.
Pair with the Massage Pad for an all over massage.
Interested in a hand-held mitt with heat AND massage? Find out more about the Massage Mitt Hotspot here.
Yes, you can use the massage setting on the Massage Pad/ Heatsense and/or Massage Mitt/Hotspot up to 3 times a day. Especially at a competition you may wish to use it before you ride as a warm up and in-between phases or rounds. However, we recommend not using the heat setting on the Heatsense for more than one cycle, or the Hotspot for more than two consecutive cycles.
Store the Massage Pad, Mitt Hotspot or Mitt somewhere dry and safe inside the sports holdall it comes with. Avoid extreme temperatures to prevent damage to the battery and disconnect the battery. Please ensure the product is clean and dry before storage.
The Massage Pad, Mitt Hotspot and Massage Mitt were developed to provide a superficial (surface) massage to maintain the horses’ well being. This was proven in our tests by showing an increase in back flexibility and overall relaxation. The Massage Pad was not developed to replace the manual techniques of a qualified physiotherapist or massage therapist. Only a trained professional should carry out a massage to your horse that is able to reach the deeper muscles.
The battery will last at least twelve 30 minute massage sessions, however you may find it does more than this. Charge when the massage feels weaker.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Standard Delivery – 2 Working Days – £4.99 – for orders under £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Delivery – 2 Working Days – for orders over £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £7.99 (up to 15kg)
- Next Day Delivery – £6.99 – for orders under £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Next Day Delivery – for orders over £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like...
SaleEquilibrium Massage Pad
Equilibrium Massage Pad
Reward. Relax. Release your horse’s potential with this massage pad…
£360.00View productAdd to basketAdd to basket
SaleMassage Mitt Hotspot
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Target, soothe and relax your horses hardworking muscles with comforting…
£140.00View productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Equilibrium Magnetic Chaps£79.99 View productSelect options
Equilibrium Magnetic Chaps
Magnets where YOU want to support mobility, aid joint function…
Equilibrium Massage Pad HeatsenseView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Equilibrium Massage Pad Heatsense
Achieve ultimate relaxation with comforting heat and massage. Combining reliable,…
SAVE on Massage Pads, Hotspots, Equi-Chaps and selected All Sports
Product you want not on sale? Use the codes below*
BLACK10 for £10 off a £100 spend
BLACK25 for £25 off a £150 spend
BLACK50 for £50 off a £200 spend
*Excludes Massage Pad Heatsense. Can't be used with any other offer.