Equilibrium Pony Massage Pad
Reward. Relax. Release your pony’s potential with this massage pad designed to increase flexibility and promote relaxation.
The Pony Massage Pad allows an effective massage session for your smaller pony.
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions – give your pony a massage while you complete other yard tasks.
- Choose the intensity of the massage from 3 different programs.
- Lightweight and portable – take it with you wherever you go.
- Massage more and charge less with our high-performance battery & universal charger.
- No hassle return or replacement if anything goes wrong in the first 2 years with our guarantee.
Includes 1 x Equilibrium Pony Massage Pad, 1 x Equilibrium Bag, 1 x Equilibrium Battery and 1 x International Charger.
Massage Pad Testing:
We take pride in researching and testing our products. The Equilibrium Massage Pad was independently tested by Myerscough College in Lancashire, UK.
The results, following six weeks of testing, showed that the massage pad offers significant benefits to horses. A significant increase in back flexibility and relaxation was noted, but it also showed an increase in stride length.
Read more on the testing here.
How does the Pony Massage Pad work?
The control panel allows you to select low, medium or high settings and as a result, you can choose the intensity of the program to suit your pony. Each program runs through a cycle of three different types of massage – pulsing, vibration and stroking –to ensure all muscles are worked in different ways.
Choosing your setting:
- LOW for cool down after exercise, for a sensitive horse or to introduce the pad to your pony for the first time.
- MEDIUM to warm up the muscles prior to exercise or for general maintenance.
- HIGH if your pony prefers a more intense massage.
The massage pad will run for 30 minutes before turning itself off automatically however, you can manually turn it off sooner if needed.
When to use the Pony Massage Pad?
In short, you can use the Pony Massage Pad before riding, after riding or on a day off! Here’s a few scenarios:
- Ponies on box rest to maintain good circulation.
- After exercise to help support recovery.
- Before exercise as part of warm up.
- At a show after travelling to relax.
- On your horses day off as general maintenance.
- Anytime as a reward.
Massage Pad Testing
We are dedicated to creating carefully designed products that improve the wellbeing of the horse. All of our products are thoroughly researched, tested and quality checked.
The Equilibrium Massage Pad has been independently tested by Myerscough College in Lancashire, the findings showed:
Massage helps to promote flexibility in healthy muscle tissue, fascia and other soft tissue fibres. The effects of massage on flexibility can be measured using the 'Arch Dip' test to determine the amount of upwards or downwards bend of the horses' back. Test results from our trials demonstrated an overall improvement in back flexibility of approximately 46%.
The trial showed that the stride length of the treated horses increased over the period of the test by 12cms, whereas the control group showed little improvement. Horse owners know that a small change in stride length can make a major difference to the way of going in a horse!
Using a heart rate monitor, horses wearing the Equilibrium Massage Pad showed an increase in relaxation compared to the horses in the control group.
|Point||Taken from||Pony Under 14hh||Standard 14hh-16.2hh||XL 16.2hh+ (6'6" rug size +)|
|A||Length across the top (cm)||60||70||80|
|B||Width from the top to the bottom (cm)||25||30||35|
|Taken from||Length across the top (cm)|
|Pony Under 14hh||60|
|XL 16.2hh+ (6'6" rug size +)||80|
|Taken from||Width from the top to the bottom (cm)|
|Pony Under 14hh||25|
|XL 16.2hh+ (6'6" rug size +)||35|
Yes you can however if the horse is wet from being warm / sweating we would not recommend adding the heat.
We recommend no more than two cycles in one area.
Do not use on the following (for humans and horses):
- Open wounds, new injuries, or new swelling (for the first forty-eight hours).
- Where there is suspected infection or malignant tumours.
- Burn injuries or deep vein thrombosis.
- Over the abdomen if pregnant.
- Circulatory problems, causing hypo or hyper sensitivity to heat.
- Active bleeding, bruising or haematoma.
- Bony areas such as the wither, point of shoulder or hip.
It is best never to run a Li-Ion battery completely flat, so if it is left flat and for long periods of time, it is likely shorten its shelf life. Any battery left for a long period without use/charge will discharge slowly (very slowly in our battery’s case), so even if stored full and left, it might be drained by the time you go to use it again, so make sure you charge it again before use.
Li-Ion batteries have a longer shelf- life when they are charged regularly. Ideally your Equilibrium Battery should be charged before running completely flat.
The Massage Pad, Mitt Hotspot and Massage Mitt were developed to provide a superficial (surface) massage to maintain the horses’ well being. This was proven in our tests by showing an increase in back flexibility and overall relaxation. The Massage Pad was not developed to replace the manual techniques of a qualified physiotherapist or massage therapist. Only a trained professional should carry out a massage to your horse that is able to reach the deeper muscles.
Yes, you can use the Massage Pad and/or Massage Mitt up to 3 times a day. Especially at a competition you may wish to use it before you ride as a warm up and in-between phases or rounds.
In our clinical trial the Massage Pad was used 6 days a week. Using it this frequently showed significant improvements in back flexibility and overall relaxation. Therefore we recommend using it at least this often to see the maximum benefits.
We do not advise travelling in the massage pad for 2 reasons. The first is that if a horse leans on the Massage Pad on the partition this could damage the Massage Pad. Secondly, to get the most benefit out of a massage the horse needs to be stood at rest.
Store the Massage Pad, Mitt Hotspot or Mitt somewhere dry and safe inside the sports holdall it comes with. Avoid extreme temperatures to prevent damage to the battery and disconnect the battery. Please ensure the product is clean and dry before storage.
The battery will last at least twelve 30 minute massage sessions, however you may find it does more than this. Charge when the massage feels weaker.
Low – Most gentle massage ideal for: box rest and after exercise as a gentle warm down
Medium – General everyday setting for use: before exercise as a warm up, at a show to help relax after travelling and on the day off work for your horse as part of a maintenance programme
High – Use for a more intense massage.
All horses are different and you will get to know what your horse enjoys and finds relaxing. Some horses will prefer a gentle massage on the low setting and some may enjoy a more intense massage.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Economy 4-6 Working Days – £3.95 or FREE for orders over £25 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Next Working Day Delivery, Orders placed before 2pm – £5.95 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- For orders over £99 – Free Next Day Delivery
- Scottish Highland & Islands Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For. For orders up to 2kg – £3.95 (weight variable)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery for orders up to £75 – £9.95 (weight variable)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery for orders over £75 – £7.95 (weight variable)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Therapy Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Therapy Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like ...
Power up with the Equilibrium Battery, suitable for powering the…
£79.99 View product
Equilibrium Magnetic Chaps
Magnets where YOU want to support mobility, aid joint function…
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Target, soothe and relax your horses hardworking muscles with comforting…
Equilibrium Massage Mitt
Get directly to those hardworking muscles that need a pamper…