Equilibrium Massage Pad
Reward. Relax. Release your horse’s potential with this massage pad proven to increase flexibility and promote relaxation.
Visiting us from outside the UK? Click here – Find my Country
The Equilibrium Horse Massage Pad was developed through clinical trials at Myerscough College, UK. The innovative design provides effective, affordable equine massage for horses and ponies sized 14.1hh – 16.1hh or in 5ft9 – 6ft3 sized rugs.
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions – give your horse or pony a massage while you complete other yard tasks.
- Choose the intensity of the massage from 3 different programs.
- Lightweight and portable – take it with you wherever you go.
- Massage more and charge less with our high-performance battery & universal charger.
- No hassle returns or replacement if anything goes wrong in the first 2 years with our guarantee.
Includes 1 x Equilibrium Standard Massage Pad, 1 x Equilibrium Bag, 1 x Equilibrium Battery and 1 x International Charger.
What inspired the Equilibrium Horse Massage Pad?
The original Massage Pad which was created to help a successful ex-racehorse, who went through the retraining process after an impressive 71 races. Combined with the Equilibrium Magnetic Back Pad, Jack went on to pursue a new career in Endurance!
What are the benefits of massage for horses?
Massage is well known for its ‘feel good’ factor and has been shown to aid relaxation, and assist with the maintenance of healthy muscle and muscle function. Tension is often one of the most common reasons for poor performance. By increasing relaxation and improving back flexibility, the negative effects of tension can be reduced. A relaxed horse, with relaxed muscles, will move with fluidity and suppleness which is particularly important for competition horses performing dressage movements, and those jumping technical fences.
What is it made of?
The Massage Pad is made up of polyurethane, or PU, with foam padding. The PU outer makes the product extremely hardwearing, but also hygienic – which is ideal if it is shared between many horses and ponies. It is resistant to water and grease, but also to fungus. This material paired with the padding also makes it comfortable for the horse.
Four massage motors are positioned in the target areas for horses and ponies. There are two either side of the wither and another two just behind the saddle area. The careful design of the massage pad then facilitates the spread of the massage along the back muscle.
Who is this Horse Massage Pad for?
While this Massage Pad is suitable for multiple sizes of horses, the size who most benefit from the standard size are those 14.1hh – 16.1hh, or in 5ft9 to 6ft3 rugs. Pony and XL sizes are available for horses and ponies either side of that range.
You can use the horse Massage Pad before riding, after riding or on a day off! Here's a few scenarios:
- Horses on box rest to maintain good circulation.
- After exercise to help support recovery.
- Before exercise as part of warm up.
- At a show after travelling to relax.
- On your horse or pony’s day off as general maintenance.
- Anytime as a reward.
How does the Equilibrium Massage Pad work?
The control panel allows you to select low, medium or high settings and as a result, you can choose the intensity of the program to suit your pony. Each program runs through a cycle of three different types of massage – pulsing, vibration and stroking –to ensure all muscles are worked in different ways.
Choosing your setting:
- LOW for cool down after exercise, for a sensitive horse or to introduce the pad to your horse for the first time.
- MEDIUM to warm up the muscles prior to exercise or for general maintenance.
- HIGH if your horse prefers a more intense massage.
The massage pad will run for 30 minutes before turning itself off automatically however, you can manually turn it off sooner if needed.
Massage Pad Testing
We are dedicated to creating carefully designed products that improve the wellbeing of the horse. All of our products are thoroughly researched, tested and quality checked.
The Equilibrium Massage Pad has been independently tested by Myerscough College in Lancashire, the findings showed:
Massage helps to promote flexibility in healthy muscle tissue, fascia and other soft tissue fibres. The effects of massage on flexibility can be measured using the 'Arch Dip' test to determine the amount of upwards or downwards bend of the horses' back. Test results from our trials demonstrated an overall improvement in back flexibility of approximately 46%.
The trial showed that the stride length of the treated horses increased over the period of the test by 12cms, whereas the control group showed little improvement. Horse owners know that a small change in stride length can make a major difference to the way of going in a horse!
Using a heart rate monitor, horses wearing the Equilibrium Massage Pad showed an increase in relaxation compared to the horses in the control group.
|Point||Take from||Pony (Under 14hh or 5"6' rug and under)||Standard (14.1hh-16.1hh or 5"9' - 6"3' rugs)||XL (16.2hh and above or 6'6" rug size and upwards)|
|A||Length across the top (cm)||60||70||80|
|B||Width from the top to the bottom (cm)||25||30||35|
|Take from||Length across the top (cm)|
|Pony (Under 14hh or 5"6' rug and under)||60|
|Standard (14.1hh-16.1hh or 5"9' - 6"3' rugs)||70|
|XL (16.2hh and above or 6'6" rug size and upwards)||80|
|Take from||Width from the top to the bottom (cm)|
|Pony (Under 14hh or 5"6' rug and under)||25|
|Standard (14.1hh-16.1hh or 5"9' - 6"3' rugs)||30|
|XL (16.2hh and above or 6'6" rug size and upwards)||35|
While the Equilibrium Standard Massage Pad will fit the majority of horses and ponies, the Equilibrium XL Massage Pad is designed especially for the bigger horse, and shaped for broader or long backed horses.
Massage Pad 30 Day Trial
Unsure whether the Massage Pad is right for you and your horse? We appreciate the Massage Pad is a big purchase and are keen to ensure you are confident in your purchase by offering you a no risk trial of the Massage Pad for 30 days.
The way it works:
- You order and pay for the Massage Pad in the size you want in the normal way
- We send you the Massage Pad, this will be a new unused Massage Pad.
- You use the Massage Pad for 30 days, if you are completely satisfied then you keep the Massage Pad. If you are not completely satisfied then you need to contact us to say you will be returning the complete Massage Pad within 30 days of purchase, please do so by filling in the online returns form.
Sending the Massage Pad Back:
You must return your Massage Pad within 14 days of notifying us via the online form. Please package up your clean*, dry Massage Pad, ensuring the battery and charger are complete and in their boxes and the carry bag is clean. Please note for Health & Safety reasons we CANNOT accept dirty Massage Pads or straps, please wash and dry the straps and wipe the pad with warm soapy water to remove grease, dirt, hair etc. The Massage Pad MUST be dry before being packed. If we receive a dirty Massage Pad we reserve the right to return it to you and withhold a refund or we will clean the pad and withhold £25 of the refund.
Enclose your order confirmation/contact details (name, address, email and contact number) and post it to: FAO Trial Returns, Equilibrium Products, Unit 2 Acorn Farm Business Centre, Cublington Road, Wing, Bedfordshire, LU7 0LB. We will email you when we receive your Massage Pad and arrange your refund.
This depends on the age of your Massage Pad. The Heatsense battery could be used in the Massage Pad, and would deliver considerably more massage sessions per charge. However, the battery will not fit in the battery pocket and so should not be used. If you have the most recent version of the Massage Pad with the battery pocket located on the right hand side of the pad you can use the Heatsense Battery with your pad.
It is important that the Equilibrium Heatsense Battery is only charged with the Equilibrium Heatsense International Charger.
It is best never to run a Li-Ion battery completely flat, so if it is left flat and for long periods of time, it is likely shorten its shelf life. Any battery left for a long period without use/charge will discharge slowly (very slowly in our battery’s case), so even if stored full and left, it might be drained by the time you go to use it again, so make sure you charge it again before use.
The Equilibrium Battery needs to be stored out of direct sunlight. The easiest way to do this would be to keep it in the Massage Pad or Mitt pocket, as long as the product is stored in a cool, dry environment. We recommend that you disconnect the battery for storage.
Li-Ion batteries have a longer shelf- life when they are charged regularly. Ideally your Equilibrium Battery should be charged before running completely flat.
The Massage Pad, Mitt Hotspot and Massage Mitt were developed to provide a superficial (surface) massage to maintain the horses’ well being. This was proven in our tests by showing an increase in back flexibility and overall relaxation. The Massage Pad was not developed to replace the manual techniques of a qualified physiotherapist or massage therapist. Only a trained professional should carry out a massage to your horse that is able to reach the deeper muscles.
Yes, you can use the Massage Pad and/or Massage Mitt up to 3 times a day. Especially at a competition you may wish to use it before you ride as a warm up and in-between phases or rounds.
In our clinical trial the Massage Pad was used 6 days a week. Using it this frequently showed significant improvements in back flexibility and overall relaxation. Therefore we recommend using it at least this often to see the maximum benefits.
We do not advise travelling in the massage pad for 2 reasons. The first is that if a horse leans on the Massage Pad on the partition this could damage the Massage Pad. Secondly, to get the most benefit out of a massage the horse needs to be stood at rest.
Store the Massage Pad, Mitt Hotspot or Mitt somewhere dry and safe inside the sports holdall it comes with. Avoid extreme temperatures to prevent damage to the battery and disconnect the battery. Please ensure the product is clean and dry before storage.
The battery will last at least twelve 30 minute massage sessions, however you may find it does more than this. Charge when the massage feels weaker.
Low – Most gentle massage ideal for: box rest and after exercise as a gentle warm down
Medium – General everyday setting for use: before exercise as a warm up, at a show to help relax after travelling and on the day off work for your horse as part of a maintenance programme
High – Use for a more intense massage.
All horses are different and you will get to know what your horse enjoys and finds relaxing. Some horses will prefer a gentle massage on the low setting and some may enjoy a more intense massage.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Standard Delivery – 2 Working Days – £4.99 – for orders under £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Delivery – 2 Working Days – for orders over £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £7.99 (up to 15kg)
- Next Day Delivery – £6.99 – for orders under £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Next Day Delivery – for orders over £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might like..
Equilibrium BatteryView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Power up with the Equilibrium Battery, suitable for powering the…
Massage Mitt HotspotView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Target, soothe and relax your horses hardworking muscles with comforting…
Equilibrium Magnetic Rug£195.00 View productSelect options
Equilibrium Magnetic Rug
Magnets where YOU want! Support your horse’s mobility, aid joint…