Equilibrium XL Massage Pad
Reward. Relax. Release your horse’s potential with this massage pad designed to increase flexibility and promote relaxation in the bigger horse.
Equilibrium Products Equine XL Massage Pad
Now with 6 massage motors to cover an even larger surface area, ideal for horses in 6’6″+ rugs or those particularly long or broad in the back.
- Battery operated 30 minute sessions – give your horse a massage while you complete other yard tasks.
- Choose the intensity of the massage from 3 different programs.
- Lightweight and portable – take it with you where ever you go.
- Massage more and charge less with our high performance battery & universal charger.
- No hassle return or replacement if anything goes wrong in the first 2 years with our guarantee.
Contains 1 x Equilibrium XL Massage Pad, 1 x Equilibrium Bag, 1 x Equilibrium Battery, 1 x Equilibrium Charger.
Developed through trials at Myerscough College, UK, this innovative design provides effective, affordable equine massage. Proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation in horses, the Equilibrium XL Massage Pad was created to help a successful ex-racehorse through the retraining process. Combined with the Equilibrium Magnetic Back Pad, he went on to pursue a new career in Endurance!
- Clinically proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation (see trial results)
- Shaped to follow the contours of the horse’s back, providing coverage from withers to quarters.
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions.
- Three different, easily adjustable programs that allow you to choose the intensity of the massage.
- Perfect before exercise as part of warm up.
- Fits a wide range of horses and ponies.
- Easy to fit, clean & store with a modern & practical carry bag.
- High performance battery & universal charger*.
- 2 year product warranty.
How does the Massage Pad work?
The Equilibrium XL Massage Pad has three different settings, which can be selected easily from the controller. This allows you to select the intensity of the program to suit your horse. Each program has three types of massage: pulsing, vibration and stroking, which ensures muscles are worked in different ways.
The Equilibrium XL Massage Pad can be incorporated into your warming up and cooling down routine.
The low setting can be used to cool down after work.
The medium setting is ideal to warm up muscles before exercise.
The high setting for when your horse requires a more intense massage.
Each session will last for 30 minutes however, this can be manually stopped at any time.
It comes in a handy carry bag, which makes it ideal for use at home and away. It is easy to store in the tack room and can be wiped clean. The bag also has storage spots which can be used for items such as the battery and charger.
The Equilibrium XL Massage Pad is now the choice of many Olympians, world champions and top producers.
When to use Massage
The Equilibrium XL Massage Pad can be used for:
- Horses on box rest to maintain good blood flow
- After exercise to help support recovery
- Before exercise as part of warm up
- At a show to relax after travelling
- On your horses day off as part of a maintenance programme
- Anytime as a reward.
Benefits of Massage
Massage is well known for its ‘feel good’ factor and has been shown to aid relaxation, and assist with the maintenance of healthy muscle and muscle function. Tension is often one of the most common reasons for poor performance. By increasing relaxation and improving back flexibility, the negative effects of tension can be reduced. A relaxed horse, with relaxed muscles, will move with fluidity and suppleness which is particularly important for competition horses performing dressage movements, and those jumping technical fences.
As part of our commitment to research and product development, the Equilibrium Massage Pad was tested by Myerscough College in Lancashire, UK.
The results showed that the massage pad offers significant benefits to working horses, which include improving back flexibility and promoting relaxation and can show an increase in stride length.
The trial investigated the effects of massage on well schooled horses. Signs of stress or relaxation were measured immediately before, during and after the application of the Equilibrium Horse Massage Pad over a six week period. Secondly, the horses were assessed in terms of flexibility and suppleness. There were two groups of horses – a treated group and a control group.
The ‘Arch Dip Test’ was used to assess back flexibility, which involves pressure stimulus to generate a reflex in the horses’ back. Pressure applied to a specific region in the spinal area results in the horse ‘dipping’ away from the pressure. A more flexible back allows the horse to exhibit a greater ability to dip away from the source of the pressure. The arch test involves the application of pressure to the horses’ midline. This stimulates an upwards arch reflex in the horses’ back away from the source of pressure. Similarly, a more flexible back allows the horse to exhibit a greater ability to arch the back upwards away from the pressure. The horses that had used the pad showed a significant improvement in back flexibility of 46%.
The horses also had their heart rates monitored as a measure of relaxation.
Massage Pad Testing
We are dedicated to creating carefully designed products that improve the wellbeing of the horse. All of our products are thoroughly researched, tested and quality checked.
The Equilibrium Massage Pad has been independently tested by Myerscough College in Lancashire, the findings showed:
Massage helps to promote flexibility in healthy muscle tissue, fascia and other soft tissue fibres. The effects of massage on flexibility can be measured using the 'Arch Dip' test to determine the amount of upwards or downwards bend of the horses' back. Test results from our trials demonstrated an overall improvement in back flexibility of approximately 46%.
The trial showed that the stride length of the treated horses increased over the period of the test by 12cms, whereas the control group showed little improvement. Horse owners know that a small change in stride length can make a major difference to the way of going in a horse!
Using a heart rate monitor, horses wearing the Equilibrium Massage Pad showed an increase in relaxation compared to the horses in the control group.
|Point||Taken from||Pony Under 14hh||Standard 14hh-16.2hh||XL 16.2hh+ (6'6" rug size +)|
|A||Length across the top (cm)||60||70||80|
|B||Width from the top to the bottom (cm)||25||30||35|
|Taken from||Length across the top (cm)|
|Pony Under 14hh||60|
|XL 16.2hh+ (6'6" rug size +)||80|
|Taken from||Width from the top to the bottom (cm)|
|Pony Under 14hh||25|
|XL 16.2hh+ (6'6" rug size +)||35|
The Massage Pad, Mitt Hotspot and Massage Mitt were developed to provide a superficial (surface) massage to maintain the horses’ well being. This was proven in our tests by showing an increase in back flexibility and overall relaxation. The Massage Pad was not developed to replace the manual techniques of a qualified physiotherapist or massage therapist. Only a trained professional should carry out a massage to your horse that is able to reach the deeper muscles.
Yes, you can use the Massage Pad and/or Massage Mitt up to 3 times a day. Especially at a competition you may wish to use it before you ride as a warm up and in-between phases or rounds.
In our clinical trial the Massage Pad was used 6 days a week. Using it this frequently showed significant improvements in back flexibility and overall relaxation. Therefore we recommend using it at least this often to see the maximum benefits.
We do not advise travelling in the massage pad for 2 reasons. The first is that if a horse leans on the Massage Pad on the partition this could damage the Massage Pad. Secondly, to get the most benefit out of a massage the horse needs to be stood at rest.
Store the Massage Pad, Mitt Hotspot or Mitt somewhere dry and safe inside the sports holdall it comes with. Avoid extreme temperatures to prevent damage to the battery and disconnect the battery. Please ensure the product is clean and dry before storage.
The battery will last at least twelve 30 minute massage sessions, however you may find it does more than this. Charge when the massage feels weaker.
Low – Most gentle massage ideal for: box rest and after exercise as a gentle warm down
Medium – General everyday setting for use: before exercise as a warm up, at a show to help relax after travelling and on the day off work for your horse as part of a maintenance programme
High – Use for a more intense massage.
All horses are different and you will get to know what your horse enjoys and finds relaxing. Some horses will prefer a gentle massage on the low setting and some may enjoy a more intense massage.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Economy 4-6 Working Days – £3.95 or FREE for orders over £25 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Next Working Day Delivery, Orders placed before 2pm – £5.95 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- For orders over £99 – Free Next Day Delivery
- Scottish Highland & Islands Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For. For orders up to 2kg – £3.95 (weight variable)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery for orders up to £75 – £9.95 (weight variable)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery for orders over £75 – £7.95 (weight variable)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Therapy Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Therapy Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like...
Power up with the Equilibrium Battery, suitable for powering the…
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Target, soothe and relax your horses hardworking muscles with comforting…
Equilibrium Massage Mitt
Get directly to those hardworking muscles that need a pamper…