The Massage Mitt Hotspot heat pad for horses allows a tailored therapy session to meet your needs!
Not just a heat pad for horses, you can:
Use cyclical massage for your horse if you are holding the Hotspot heat pad still. This is useful when targeting a specific area or trigger point.
Use continuous massage for your horse if you are moving the Hotspot heat pad over larger areas. This allows each sweep to deliver the same massage.
Use the heat for your horse on its own for a gentle session to increase circulation. This is ideal for sensitive horses or in the later stages of healing post injury. Heat is also perfect to help warm up muscles prior to stretching your horse.
For the ultimate therapy session, use heat and massage together! This is best suited when holding the Hotspot heat pad in one area or sweeping it over a smaller area.
Using the Hotspot heat pad on yourself .
The Massage Mitt Hotspot is not only for horses! It’s easy clean material means you can use it on yourself too! Hannah Donnelly, Chartered Physiotherapist BSc (Hons), talks us where and how to use it on 4 ‘pain’ areas common to horse riders. Read the blog here.
Don’t need heat therapy for your horse?
Our popular Massage Mitt offers massage solution for your horse, without the heat. Take a look here.
Caution! Do not use on the following (for humans and horses):
- Open wounds, new injuries, or new swelling (for the first 48 hours).
- Where there is suspected infection or malignant tumours.
- Burn injuries or deep vein thrombosis.
- Over the abdomen if pregnant.
- Circulatory problems, causing hypo or hyper sensitivity to heat.
- Active bleeding, bruising or haematoma.
- Bony areas such as the wither, point of shoulder or hip.
Do not apply more than 2 consecutive cycles of heat therapy in one spot.