Net Relief Muzzle Net
Reduce headshaking* with the Net Relief Nose Net for horses prone to headshaking during ridden work.
*79% of horses showed reduced symptoms in trials at De Montford University.
A nose net for horses and one of the most effective products used to help horses who suffer from headshaking during ridden work.
- Showed improvement in 79% of horses who experience headshaking in clinical trials at De Montfort University
- Lightweight and discreet contoured mesh for comfortable fit over muzzle.
- Totally unobtrusive and permitted by British Dressage and British Eventing for use in competition (see rule applying to the use of nose nets for each organisation)
- Now available to fit Grackle and anatomical bridles such as Micklem® Bridles*
Micklem® is a registered trademark of Horseware Products Ltd.
What inspired the Muzzle Net for horses?
Timmy, Cause for Optimism, is the inspiration behind the nose net, and in fact this is the very product that started Equilibrium Products and our mission of helping to improve horse’s wellbeing across the world! Timmy started headshaking as a youngster completely out of the blue. He would violently toss his head, strike out at his nose, rear up and constantly snort. Through many sleepless nights and trial and error, Margaret, his owner, came up with a solution to help him. She didn’t realise that by helping him, she would be helping so many other horses too!
What is the Net Relief Muzzle Net?
Unlike traditional nets that cover the whole muzzle, the Net Relief Muzzle Net’s contoured, shaped design covers only the top half of the muzzle. Once in place, it is unobtrusive, allows saliva to escape from the mouth freely and does not interfere with the horses breathing. It can always remain on the bridle and places no restriction on the type of bit or noseband used.
The results of ‘Net Relief’ in Clinical Trials at De Montfort University in the UK were outstanding:
- 79% of the animals experienced an improvement in symptoms
- 84% of respondents said Net Relief was easy to use.
- 88% of respondents said Net Relief had an attractive appearance on the horse.
What is the material used within this nose net for horses?
The Muzzle Net is designed to have a rough, but comfortable, thin mesh, which is contoured. The reason for the roughness, is that it theoretically provides relief by gently ‘scratching’ the horse’s nose. It is also the reason that 3 nets are included in your purchased pack, so that once the roughness has worn away, you can replace it with a new net. It also means the nose net needs to sit close to your horse’s muzzle. For this reason, the mesh is designed to be able to cut to length, so you can get the perfect fit and best effect for your horse.
Who is this Nose Net for?
While anyone can use the Muzzle Net, it is specifically designed for:
- Horses who are sensitive to wind, pollen and flies.
- Horses who are prone to head shaking when ridden.
How do I care for the Net Relief Muzzle Net?
To clean the Muzzle Net, we recommend that you just rinse it gently in cold water. Do not wring or spin the material.
Other products in the range.
Yes although it is important to read your rule book on applying to the use of nose nets for each organisation to ensure you are clear.
No, it would be impossible to screen out pollen without greatly restricting the amount of air the horse can breathe. This makes Net Relief Muzzle Net suitable for use by competition horses who have to exert themselves in order to perform.
The success of half nets suggests that they do not actively filter out pollens, the holes are just to big. They may work by distorting the airflow through the nose, or distract/comfort the horse.
Horses who shake their heads can be very sensitive around the muzzle area. The net acts as a security blanket, and the horse seems to be more comfortable with it on.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Economy 2-4 Working Days – £4.99 or FREE for orders over £40 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Two Working Days Delivery, orders over £100 and placed before 2pm – Free (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £9.99 (up to 15kg)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like ...
- Stellar Headcollar£49.99 View productSelect options
The Equilibrium Stellar Safety Headcollar could save your horse from…
- Field Relief Fly Mask Max£34.50 View productSelect options
Field Relief Fly Mask Max
Combining the best protection against summer irritants with exceptional comfort…
- Net Relief Riding Mask£24.99 View productSelect options
Net Relief Riding Mask
Stress-free summer hacking with this ride on fly mask which…
SaleField Relief Muzzle Protector£7.75 – £14.50 View productSelect options
Field Relief Muzzle Protector
Protect from sunburn with this simple nose protector offering over…