Net Relief Riding Mask
Stress-free summer hacking with this ride on fly mask which protects your horses head from the sun, flies and midges.
A unique fly mask for riding which protects your horse’s face, eyes and ears from flies and strong sunlight.
- Provides an effective barrier for flies and biting insects
- Protects from the sun’s harsh rays with over 65% UV protection
- Comfortable fit and excellent visibility with excellent clearance over the eyes and eyelashes
- Ideal for all ridden work allowing your horse to concentrate on working, rather than on flies and bright sunlight
- Approved by British Dressage for use in competition
**Nose nets and Equilibrium Net Relief Riding Masks (or similar) are permitted and must be discreetly coloured i.e. the same/similar colour to the horse. Masks or nose nets should cover the face/nose only, leaving the mouth and bit visible. Face masks/nose nets are not permitted under FEI rules, which may be applied to certain competitions in the UK.
What inspired the Riding Mask for horses?
Timmy, who if you haven’t heard of him before, is the reason behind Equilibrium Products. He was a very sensitive soul who started shaking his head as a youngster. This led to the development of many products, including the Muzzle Net, Field Relief Max and finally, the Riding Mask. While the Muzzle Net gave him much needed relief, paired with the Riding Mask it was an even better solution!
What is the material used within this ride on fly mask?
Two types of mesh are used within the Riding Mask. There is a softer one, which goes over your horses’ ears to keep them protected but comfortable. And then a slightly firmer PVC mesh over the face, giving it structure to stay away from your horses’ eyes and eyelashes. This mesh also provides over 65% UV protection for those horses who are sensitive to sunlight.
Who is this Ride on Fly Mask for?
While anyone can use the Riding Mask, it is great for horses who:
- Are sensitive to sunlight.
- Are sensitive to flies and midges.
- Shake their heads when ridden.
How do I care for the Riding Mask?
To clean the Riding Mask, we recommend that you just rinse it regularly in lukewarm water. Do not wring or spin the material.
Other products in the range.
For horses who are very sensitive, stop to itch their muzzle area or toss their heads while riding or hacking, we recommend pairing the Riding Mask with our Muzzle Net.
If your horse likes the Riding Mask, they may get on with our Field Relief Fly Mask range too!
Please bear in mind your own safety and that of your horse at all times. Ensure you have the correct size before referring to the size guide. Attach the mask to the bridle before fitting the bridle onto the horse.
Tie the elastic cords to the headpiece of the bridle in a good double bow.
Attach the velcro bands under the noseband straps (not the cheekpiece straps) so that the velcro band is under the strap and the mesh is on top of the leather. Press the velcro down very firmly to ensure it is secure.
Put the bridle on your horse in the normal way and gently pull your horse’s ears into the ear pockets as you place the headpiece over your horse’s head.
Check that the mesh is clear of the horse’s eyes and eyelashes, and that the horse can open and shut its eyes normally.
Smooth down all the edges so that they are flush with the leather straps.
You may wish to rub the binding with fly repellent (remember to avoid getting fly repellent in the horse’s eyes).
|Point||Taken from||XS (Small Pony)||S (Pony)||M (Cob)||L (Horse/Full)||XL (Large Horse/XFull)|
|B||Dart to Dart width||29.5||30||31||31||34|
|C||Seam at the bottom of the ear to the bottom of the mask||29.5||32||33.5||35.5||37|
|Taken from||Ear Length|
|XS (Small Pony)||13|
|XL (Large Horse/XFull)||21|
|Taken from||Dart to Dart width|
|XS (Small Pony)||29.5|
|XL (Large Horse/XFull)||34|
|Taken from||Seam at the bottom of the ear to the bottom of the mask|
|XS (Small Pony)||29.5|
|XL (Large Horse/XFull)||37|
Our sizing usually works on your bridle size – for example, if your horse is in a cob bridle, generally they would use a medium mask. For the best fit though, we do recommend measuring.
If you need any more help or advice on sizing please get in touch – tel: +44 (0)1442 879115 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Economy 2-4 Working Days – £4.99 or FREE for orders over £40 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Two Working Days Delivery, orders over £100 and placed before 2pm – Free (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £9.99 (up to 15kg)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like ...
- Field Relief Fly Mask Max£34.50 View productSelect options
Field Relief Fly Mask Max
Combining the best protection against summer irritants with exceptional comfort…
- Net Relief Muzzle Net£29.99 View productSelect options
Net Relief Muzzle Net
Reduce headshaking* with the Net Relief Nose Net for horses…
- Skin Soother£2.99 – £10.99 View productSelect options
Soothe and calm skin irritations naturally. Perfect for horses prone…
- Field Relief Fly Rug£95.00 View productSelect options
Field Relief Fly Rug
Lightweight and breathable, this combo fly rug is the perfect…
You might also like...
- Crunchits£4.99 – £9.99 View productSelect options
Taste the CRUNCH with these low sugar, molasses free horse…