Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps
Soft, comfortable & breathable schooling boots. Flexible schooling wraps designed to be comfortable and breathable, offering gentle support and protection from brushing.
Flexible schooling wraps designed to be comfortable and breathable, offering gentle support and protection from brushing.
- Allows your horse to move without restriction with 4-way stretch.
- Soft inner ‘jersey’ lining designed with the most sensitive horses in mind.
- Actively ‘pumps’ air away from the leg through perforated domes in the fabric.
- Long-lasting, quality material that stands the test of time.
- All round protection with targeted cushioning over the areas prone to brushing injuries.
Suitable for schooling, hacking and everyday use. Easy to fit, easy to wash and extremely comfortable for the horse to wear.
Can be worn on front or hind legs as required.
What is the inspiration behind the Stretch & Flex Wraps?
A horse called Timmy was the inspiration behind these innovative support wraps. Timmy had extremely sensitive skin, which was rubbed by other boots. He needed something soft and comfortable, but also something suitable to keep his legs protected, cool and allow him to move freely when dressage training. As a result, the Stretch & Flex Wraps were born!
What are the materials used in the Stretch & Flex Wraps?
Stomatex: Originally developed for human athletes, Stomatex® was designed to provide four-way stretch, to enable use around mobile joints, and an outstanding ability to keep the skin dry. It is commonly used in the manufacture of heat acclimatisation suits, padding for wheelchairs, special wetsuits and sports injury support bandages. The material mimics the way a leaf ‘breathes’, which allows the horses leg to stay cool and maintains an ideal skin temperature over an extended period of time. The way the material works is by efficiently moving trapped vapour molecules from beneath the fabric by the flexing action of minute dome shaped chambers which contain a tiny pore in the centre. This also gives it it’s unique appearance.
Automotive Grade Cushioning Spacer Mesh: This mesh is strategically placed over the inside of the cannon bone for extra protection. The spacer fabric has an additional jersey fabric on the inside of the boot to create an even softer lining against your horses’ leg. Ideal to act as a ‘cushion’ and comfortable to wear, the spacer fabric is also fantastic at letting heat and moisture pass through easily to get sweat and warmth away from the skin.
Who are the Stretch & Flex Schooling Wraps for?
Primarily designed for schooling or a smart, comfortable, and protective competition boot, Stretch and Flex Wraps are shaped to fit comfortably around the contours of the horse’s leg making them ideal for horses with knocks, scars or splints.
The stretch fabrics and boot construction means your horse can move with ease, and so the boots are popular for flatwork, including lateral or advanced movements.
How do I care for the Stretch & Flex Wraps?
The boots can be washed off with a rinse from the hose or if needing a slightly more thorough wash, they are machine washable at 30 degrees Celsius. Leave them to air dry away from a direct heat source and they will be dry and ready to use in no time! Ensure the boot straps are closed before washing.
A Hook Cleaner Brush can be used to keep the hook in good working order so it attaches to the loop effectively.
Why use these schooling wraps?
Offering an alternative to bandages, these support boots are not only easy to put on, but breathable and comfortable for your horse too. Available in two different styles giving you the choice of added fetlock coverage with the Training Wraps, or a brushing boot design with the Flatwork Wraps, the boots feature a unique material that allows a close, comfortable, and flexible fit.
|Point||Taken from||S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||XL Large Horse 16.3hh+|
|A||Canon bone width (cm)||18-20||20-22||22-24||24-26|
|B||Length of wrap (cm)||26||27||30||31|
|Taken from||Canon bone width (cm)|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||18-20|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||20-22|
|L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||22-24|
|XL Large Horse 16.3hh+||24-26|
|Taken from||Length of wrap (cm)|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||26|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||27|
|L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||30|
|XL Large Horse 16.3hh+||31|
Yes! Plus they are much quicker and easier to put on than bandages. Stretch & Flex are also breathable making them a preferable choice to exercise bandages for many horse riders.
The Training Wraps provide support and protection which is beneficial when bringing a horse back into work after injury. If you are at all unsure, have chat with your vet.
All the Stretch & Flex Wraps are made from Stomatex ,which is a special type of neoprene but unfortunately is still not suitable for horse’s with a neoprene allergy
You can use a stain remover or whitening product on them, followed by washing in 30 degrees with a non-bio detergent.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Standard Delivery – 2 Working Days – £4.99 – for orders under £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Delivery – 2 Working Days – for orders over £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £7.99 (up to 15kg)
- Next Day Delivery – £6.99 – for orders under £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Next Day Delivery – for orders over £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like...
Tri-Zone Brushing Boots - NEW£34.99 View productSelect options
Tri-Zone Brushing Boots – NEW
A great value, super-stylish boot, perfect to use every day…
Crunchits£4.99 – £9.99 View productSelect options
Taste the CRUNCH with these low sugar, molasses free horse…
Stretch & Flex Training Wraps£69.99 View productSelect options
Stretch & Flex Training Wraps
Bandages alternative with the convenience of a boot. Keep legs…
CalmmunchView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Chill out and keep your horse occupied with a calmmunch…
SAVE on Massage Pads, Hotspots, Equi-Chaps and selected All Sports
Product you want not on sale? Use the codes below*
BLACK10 for £10 off a £100 spend
BLACK25 for £25 off a £150 spend
BLACK50 for £50 off a £200 spend
*Excludes Massage Pad Heatsense. Can't be used with any other offer.