Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps
Free your horses’ natural paces with these comfortable, flexible and super soft schooling dressage wraps for horses. More convenient than bandages but just as effective.
Flexible schooling wraps designed to be comfortable and breathable, offer gentle support and some protection from brushing.
- The unique material actively pumps air away from the leg to keep it cool.
- The 4-way stretch allows your horse freedom of movement.
- The soft material is ideal for horses with sensitive skin or lumps and bumps.
- Quicker and easier to put on than exercise bandages
What inspired the Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps for horses?
A horse called Timmy was the inspiration behind these innovative support wraps. Timmy had extremely sensitive skin, which was rubbed by other boots. He needed something soft and comfortable, but also something suitable to keep his legs protected, cool and allow him to move freely when dressage training. As a result, the Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps were born!
What is the material used within the Stretch & Flex Wraps?
These popular dressage wraps are made from a unique material called Stomatex, which was originally developed for human athletes. The material is perfect to provide support, comfort and breathability due to its technical properties:
- 4-way stretch to allow free movement without restriction.
- Actively breathable keeping legs cooler.
- Soft lining to ensure comfort against the horses’ leg.
Being able to stretch the material in multiple directions makes it ideal to wrap around mobile legs, without restricting movement.
In the human world, Stomatex is commonly used in heat acclimatisation suits, padding for wheelchairs, special wetsuits and sports injury support bandages.
Stomatex features dome shaped chambers which contain a tiny pore in the centre. As the horse moves this dome flexes, which ‘pumps’ air away from the leg allowing it to stay cool.
The soft material is comfortable against the horses’ skin, but it also provides some padding on the inside of the leg to aid protection against knocks. The stretch also allows the wraps to sit over lumps and bumps and move around them, rather than agitate them.
Who are these horse support boots for?
Not only ideal for dressage and schooling, the Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps can also be used for hacking and lunging.
They are great for horses:
- Who need gentle leg support.
- With knocks, bumps and scars.
- With sensitive skin.
- Who need protection from minor brushing.
How do I care for the Stretch & Flex Flatwork Wraps?
Our Stretch & Flex range are easy to care for. Machine washable at 30 degrees, we recommend you close the straps to ensure the hook and loop does not get caught.
A Hook Cleaner Brush can be used to keep the hook in good working order, so it attaches to the loop effectively.
Other products in the range.
Stretch & Flex Training Wraps – ideal for less established horses who need a comfortable, breathable and flexible wrap extending below the fetlock. Provides additional cushioning around the tendons and fetlock.
|Point||Taken from||XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||XL Large Horse 16.3hh+|
|A||Canon bone width (cm)||16-18||18-20||20-22||22-24||24-26|
|B||Length of wrap (cm)||21||25||27||29||31.5|
|Taken from||Canon bone width (cm)|
|XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||16-18|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||18-20|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||20-22|
|L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||22-24|
|XL Large Horse 16.3hh+||24-26|
|Taken from||Length of wrap (cm)|
|XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||21|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||25|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||27|
|L Horse 16hh-16.3hh||29|
|XL Large Horse 16.3hh+||31.5|
Yes! Plus they are much quicker and easier to put on than bandages. Stretch & Flex are also breathable making them a preferable choice to exercise bandages for many horse riders.
The Training Wraps provide support and protection which is beneficial when bringing a horse back into work after injury. If you are at all unsure, have chat with your vet.
All the Stretch & Flex Wraps are made from Stomatex ,which is a special type of neoprene but unfortunately is still not suitable for horse’s with a neoprene allergy
You can use a stain remover or whitening product on them, followed by washing in 30 degrees with a non-bio detergent.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Economy 2-4 Working Days – £4.99 or FREE for orders over £40 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Two Working Days Delivery, orders over £100 and placed before 2pm – Free (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £9.99 (up to 15kg)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
You might also like...
SaleClearance - TriZone Teal All Sports BootsView productSelect options
Clearance – TriZone Teal All Sports Boots
Perfect all round boot, for flexible but extremely tough protection.…
- Tri-Zone Brushing Boots£22.99 View productSelect options
Tri-Zone Brushing Boots
Super stylish horse brushing boots designed to mould comfortably to…
- Stretch & Flex Training Wraps£59.99 View productSelect options
Stretch & Flex Training Wraps
Keep legs cool while allowing freedom of movement with these…