Tri-Zone Fetlock Boots
Allow your horse the freedom to move with the Tri-Zone Fetlock Boot. Smart, breathable, unrestrictive, flexible, protective fetlock boot which complies with the standards set by the FEI and British Showjumping.
This fetlock boot has it all, protective but not stiff like others in the market, the perfect combination for show jumping!
- Matches perfectly with the Tri-Zone Open Fronted Tendon Boot.
- Extremely lightweight for freedom of movement.
- Three protective layers, offering good protection from both concussion and penetration injuries.
- Easy to wash and keep clean.
- One year product guarantee.
Protection provided by the Tri-Zone Fetlock Boots for horses.
The fetlock boots are comprised of 3 protective layers, which aim to protect from concussion and penetration.
The first layer against the horses skin is smooth and soft EVA (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate). This allows it to sit comfortably against the horses' leg and also complies with class rules.
The second layer is a tough and breathable, yet flexible EVA waffle. This allows it to be durable and protective, but also enables the horse to move without restriction.
Finally, the third layer provides strategic protection to the inside of the fetlock joint. Made from vinyl which is a strong, durable and moisture resistant material.
How do I care for the Tri-Zone Fetlock Boot?
Machine washable at 30 degrees, so you can quickly and easily clean your boots. Our Hook Cleaner Brush can also help keep your straps debris free and prolong their life.
Or for quick day to day care, you can give them a short rinse on the yard and leave them to dry ready for the next day.
Boot Testing – Boots are safety equipment!
As riders, we protect our most vital areas (head and torso) with riding hats, body protectors and more recently air jackets. Rider protective equipment is subjected to extensive testing to meet standards and regulations and we believe that as a vital part of your horse, protective boots for your horse’s legs should undergo a similar testing process.
Tri-Zone boots go through a unique 3-phase testing process giving you confidence that you are choosing the best leg protection for your horse. Materials are carefully selected to provide maximum protection but without being bulky, heavy and not make your horses legs hot and sweaty. Each individual layer in the Tri-Zone boot is researched and sourced for their advanced technical properties and tested in an independent laboratory before it goes anywhere near a horse’s leg.
Testing Phase 1 – Independent Laboratory
In the same laboratory that test standards of riding hats and body protectors, Tri-Zone boots are safety tested to their limits for their ability to withstand concussion and penetration whilst remaining lightweight, breathable and flexible.
For concussion and penetration the testing is carried out using a custom made test rig consisting of a tower from which either a blunt hammer or a cutting blade is dropped onto the boots in a controlled fashion. The weight of the blade and hammer are fixed and different forces are applied to the boots by varying the height from which they were dropped onto the boots. Boots were hit with forces ranging from 1.25 to 20 Joules. These forces were chosen as being those likely to occur in the horse during exercise, for example when hitting obstacles or over-reaching.
Heat & Breathability
We measure how well our boots allow heat to escape to reduce the risk of tissue damage. Research shows when tendon cells are heated to 48°C for 10 minutes approx, 80% of them die.
The heat release is estimated by fitting boots to a metal flask of water at 45°C in a room at 20°C with no significant radiation. The surface temperature is measured using a thermal camera. We tested Tri-Zone boots, along with a number of other boots.
It was clear that some boots were effective insulators and kept the heat in so the outside of the boot appeared cold. Other boots were much hotter on the surface, showing that they were allowing heat to escape.
Heat release was measured looking at the rate at which the temperature of the water in the flask dropped whilst 20°C air was being blown over the boot (via a fan).This was done to simulate the movement of air as would occur during exercise.
If boots are constructed of inflexible (i.e. stiff) material or if boots are applied too tightly, they have the potential to restrict joint movement and cause other problems such as tendonitis. Stride characteristics and performance could also be affected. Boots need to allow as much freedom of movement as possible without compromising on their primary function of protection. We test our boots to make sure that they do not restrict the horse’s movement whilst still exceeding protection requirements. An 8cm x 1m steel pipe is set up secured to a workbench. The boots are fixed to the pipe and a 10kg weight is attached with a clip on the boot and the downward direction measured. The degree of flexibility is measured by how much the boot bends.
Adding even small amounts of weight to the end of the leg in the form of a boot significantly increases the effort the horse must make to run and can also alter the stride characteristics. Some boots can double in weight if the horse is being exercised in the rain, on wet ground or going through water. This can seriously affect stamina and performance. We design and test our boots to minimise water absorption, excess weight but without compromising on protection.
Testing Phase 2 – Tester Panel
The boots then undergo trials by an extensive tester panel of horse owners and riders who test them for the fit, comfort, ease of use and washing to ensure we have not only a safe product but one that people can easily use and trust.
Testing Phase 3 – Rider Tests
Finally the boots go through the rigorous test of being used all day, every day on busy competition yards by teams of professional riders. Tri-Zone boots are worn either at home or at competitions by an array of Olympic riders, world champions and top producers.
|Point||Taken from||XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||L Horse 16hh-16.2hh|
|A||Canon bone width (cm)||18-20||20-22||22-24||24-26|
|B||Length of boot (cm)||14.5||15||15.5||15.5|
|Taken from||Canon bone width (cm)|
|XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||18-20|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||20-22|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||22-24|
|L Horse 16hh-16.2hh||24-26|
|Taken from||Length of boot (cm)|
|XS Small Pony 12.2hh-13.3hh||14.5|
|S Pony 13.3hh-14.2hh||15|
|M Large Pony/Horse 14.2hh-16hh||15.5|
|L Horse 16hh-16.2hh||15.5|
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Economy 4-6 Working Days – £3.95 or FREE for orders over £25 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Next Working Day Delivery, Orders placed before 2pm – £5.95 (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- For orders over £99 – Free Next Day Delivery
- Scottish Highland & Islands Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For. For orders up to 2kg – £3.95 (weight variable)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery for orders up to £75 – £9.95 (weight variable)
- Scottish Highlands & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery for orders over £75 – £7.95 (weight variable)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Therapy Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Therapy Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
Need more protection?
- Tri-Zone Impact Sports Boots£74.99 – £79.99 View productSelect options
Tri-Zone Impact Sports Boots
High impact horse cross country boots, independently tested protection that…
- Tri-Zone All Sports Boots£49.99 View productSelect options
Tri-Zone All Sports Boots
All round tested protection for all disciplines – whether you’re…
- Small Black Duffle BagView productRead moreRead more
Small Black Duffle Bag
Small duffle bag, ideal for storing boots, wraps etc.
- Tri-Zone Brushing Boots£22.99 View productSelect options
Tri-Zone Brushing Boots
Super stylish horse brushing boots designed to mould comfortably to…
You might also like...
- Tri-Zone Over Reach Boots£29.99 View productSelect options
Tri-Zone Over Reach Boots
Tested, hard-wearing over reach boots for horses, specifically designed for…
- Massage Mitt HotspotView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Target, soothe and relax your horses hardworking muscles with comforting…
- Equilibrium Massage PadView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Equilibrium Massage Pad
Reward. Relax. Release your horse’s potential with this massage pad…