Equilibrium Magnetic Rug
Magnets where YOU want! Support your horse’s mobility, aid joint function and maintain healthy muscles with this unique Magnetic Horse Rug that you can leave on overnight.
Visiting us from outside the UK? Click here – Find my Country
Magnets where you want them in this smart magnetic rug designed to support mobility, aid joint function and maintain a healthy horse. Magnets aim to promote circulation, which in turn can help with stiffness and muscle soreness.
- Target anywhere you want with moveable magnets
- Ideal for ridden horses, cold backed horses, veterans or horses who are stiff, those on box rest/standing in for long periods of time.
- Often used to horses recovering from Kissing Spine, Sacroiliac issues, or those who are generally long and weak in the back.
- Fits easily into your routine – use it before/after exercise or even overnight!
- With anti-rub lining at the chest and point of shoulder, and a detachable neck.
- Contains 6 powerful and large magnets (25cm each)
- One year product guarantee
Do not apply magnets on open wounds, bruises, areas of inflammation or for the first 5 days following steroid injections.
What inspired the Equilibrium Magnetic Rug for horses?
Inspired by one of Equilibrium’s own horses, Jack, who retired sound from racing after 71 races. Jack was 10 at the time of retiring and got up to all sorts of mischief when he didn’t have a job to do, so the decision was taken to retrain him as a riding horse. However, Jacks back was incredibly sensitive, and he wasn’t keen on anyone touching it. He would wear his Magnetic Rug under his stable rug overnight and use his Massage Pad in the day. Eventually, Jack went on to have a very successful (second!) career in endurance until he retired in 2014 at Equilibrium HQ, where he still rules the roost today!
What is the material used within the Magnetic Rug for horses?
This comfortable rug is made from a poly-cotton twill giving it the best of both materials. It is breathable and soft, yet strong!
The rug also features
- Anti-rub lining across the chest, shoulder and neck for your horses’ comfort
- Nylon hook receptive inner lining to attach magnets where your horse needs them.
Which magnets are used and how do they work?
The body’s cells have electromagnetic properties which means they can be affected by a magnetic field. The magnets used in this Magnetic Rug for horses present two alternating poles to the body, negative and positive, making them different to standard Neodymium magnets, which present only one pole. These strong, linear and permanent magnetic fields of alternating pole sequences penetrate into the body tissue.
When should the Magnetic Horse Rug be used?
- Every day as part of your horses’ daily routine for maintaining back health. Usually overnight or in the day when stood in.
- For horses in work from hacking to competition. This includes horses returning to work or retraining.
- For older horses or those who are slow to warm up.
- Horses on box rest, standing in for long periods of time or on limited turnout.
- General knocks and bumps.
How do I care for the Magnetic Rug?
Machine washable at 30 degrees, so you can quickly and easily clean your rug. Make sure the magnets are removed before putting the rug in the washing machine.
Other products in the range.
Want more magnets? You can get them here.
|Taken from||Back (cm)|
|Taken from||Bottom (inches)|
|Taken from||Bottom (cm)|
|Taken from||Depth (cm)|
The magnets themselves CANNOT be washed. The Magnetic Chaps can be washed on a cool wash with a non-biological detergent. The magnets should be removed from the protective grey pockets prior to washing to avoid accidental damage to the washing machine and the magnets. Please leave the magnets in the plastic wrap they come in.
The magnets will not become less efficient over time. Please store away from other magnets.
Store in a dry place away from extreme temperatures. For example, avoid storing the magnets in a very cold place such as a tack room during winter, as the magnets may lose their flexibility. Ensure they are washed and dry before storage.
Do not apply magnets to open wounds, bruises, infection, areas of inflammations or for the first 5 days following steroid injections.
It is not advisable to use magnets on a horse with a heart murmur or in the first trimester of pregnancy for you or your horse! Note: People with heart pacemakers should not carry magnetic products.
Delivery, returns, exchanges and guarantee
Delivery charges are calculated based on the location of delivery, weight, and value of the order. Standard charges are:
For parcels up to 20kg: UK Delivery
- Standard Delivery – 2 Working Days – £4.99 – for orders under £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Delivery – 2 Working Days – for orders over £40 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- Scottish Highland & Islands Standard 4-6 Working Day Delivery – £7.99 (up to 15kg)
- Next Day Delivery – £6.99 – for orders under £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
- FREE Next Day Delivery – for orders over £100 and placed before 2pm. (UK Mainland only. Excludes Highlands, Northern Ireland, and Islands)
We hope that you are happy with your products, but if you aren’t, we do understand that sometimes when buying online that items may not be as expected, you may need a different size or you might have just changed your mind!
Our policy lasts 30 days. If you are unhappy with your purchase, you may return or change your product without reason within 30 days of the delivery of the goods. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
In order to receive a refund/exchange:
• your item must be clean, unused and in the same condition that you received it.
• your item must be in its original packaging.
• your item must be returned to us within 30 days from receipt of your order*.
• you must fill out the online returns form before returning your item, and include your name, order number and address inside your return package.
All Equilibrium Products are covered under a one year guarantee, except for Equilibrium Massage products which are guaranteed for 2 years. The guarantee is valid with proof of purchase, either email, card receipt or shop receipt, from the date of purchase, providing the product is used and cared for in accordance with instructions. The guarantee is not transferable to another person.
If you find the product faulty during the guarantee period, and you have bought direct from Equilibrium Products please contact us, we will be more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement. If you have bought your product elsewhere please contact the company you purchased it from.
The following are specifically excluded from the terms and condition of the guarantee:
- Damage caused by misuse, accident, negligence or improper handling of the product or not used in accordance with instructions
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any modification made by the purchaser to the product or any repairs other than by an authorised agent.
- Damage resulting from incorrect maintenance according to the instructions of use (e.g. stored in damp/wet conditions, washed on too hot a wash).
- The guarantee is only valid if the correct Equilibrium Multi Plug Charger and correct Equilibrium Battery are used, the mains charger attachment appropriate to the country of use must be used. The guarantee is invalid if used with an adapter.
- Damage caused due to the use of the product on voltage other than that stamped on the product.
Match with ...
Equilibrium Magnetic Chaps£79.99 View productSelect options
Equilibrium Magnetic Chaps
Magnets where YOU want to support mobility, aid joint function…
Equilibrium Hind & Hock Magnetic Chaps£89.99 View productSelect options
Equilibrium Hind & Hock Magnetic Chaps
Magnets where YOU want from hoof to hock, to support…
CalmmunchView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Chill out and keep your horse occupied with a calmmunch…
Equilibrium Hot & Cold PacksView productAdd to basketAdd to basket
Equilibrium Hot & Cold Packs
Versatile horse ice and hot packs that can be placed…