NEW Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad
effective, affordable & easy to use
Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad – new improved design for 2016
A lightweight and portable massage pad, which works by stimulating the muscles on the horse’s back by pulsing, vibration and stroking actions.
- Clinically proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation (see trial results)
- Shaped to follow the contours of the horse’s back, provides coverage from withers to quarters
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions
- Three different, easily adjustable programs that allow you to choose the intensity of the massage
- Perfect before exercise as part of warm up
- Fits a wide range of horses and ponies
- Easy to fit, clean & store with a modern & practical sports holdall
- New high performance battery & universal charger*
- 2 year product warranty
*The new Equilibrium Therapy Silver Battery will work with the older style Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad (black or navy in colour), however it can only be charged using the NEW Equilibrium Therapy International Charger.
Tip: Combined use of the Equilibrium Therapy Magnetic Back Pad overnight and the Massage Pad once a day can help to maintain a healthy back. Find out what’s best for your horse – Massage, Magnetic or Both?
- Why not try? Simplyboost RECOVERY with vitamin E to help the removal of toxins after physical therapy
EQUILIBRIUM THERAPY MASSAGE PAD
“I love the equilibrium massage pad, it's perfect for warm up and cool down. It's an essential product :)”
"The Equilibrium Therapy range has proven to be a safe, effective and labour saving way to treat my horses. It is now part of my daily routine"
Tina CookOlympic Event Rider
One of the most positively talked about products on horse owner forums:
“Really pleased with mine. Both my horses love it and my physio/chiro rates it. I bought it for my young horse who was tense and tight in his back – he loved it and would nod off whilst wearing it. My older horse enjoys it also, and it really helps loosen him up before I work him, or just part of an everyday massage.”
“I like the fact that it massages the area of the saddle and behind the saddle where we get the most tension. It’s brilliant value.”
“I have had mine for a couple of months now and think that it is brilliant. I tend to use mine on the low setting as a cool down after work as I usually ride in the evening so once I have ridden he is stood still in the stable overnight before being turned out in the morning. I also use it on the high setting on his day off for a deeper massage. Since using the pad he is definitely softer through the back and sitting trot is far easier for him and me!!”
“Massive improvement today on the lunge, taking longer strides on both reins, after one a week of his massage pad.”
“I have one of these for my boy and it’s worked wonders on him, I put it on and he goes to sleep. He had a back injury 5 years ago and has had to have regular ¾ weekly physio treatments ever since but this pad has finally meant that we can go longer between treatments.”
“I have one and its fab! I would recommend it highly”
“they are brilliant – been using mine for just over a week now and even after that short time I can tell the difference – my mare is getting less tense over the back and feeling looser”
“he loves it, I can feel a difference and it has cut down on our warm up time by half. Well worth the money”
“I have the equilibrium massage pad and it has been really good for my horse who is slightly hollow backed. I bought it to massage his back following loose jumping sessions, pessoa and long and low work as I aim to get him really using his back by the exercises we do. However I have actually found it is more beneficial to use it before riding/working as he is more relaxed and supple and it is particularly effective on our canter work. We are straight into a great relaxed and supple canter rather than working into it during the schooling session. Used regularly his jumping technique also benefits from it.”
“He really seems to enjoy it and it does generally relax him too and he is a bit of an uptight character so it is an additional benefit. If he sees me with a saddle he’ll stand at the back of the stable if he sees me with the pad he’ll move to the front which I think gives an idea of his review. I now split the session so that he has it for warm-up on setting 2 and then warm down after exercising on setting 1.”
“My boy loves it. He’s getting on a bit and I find it helps him no end. I use it every time i ride him. He is a little nervous so took a while to get used to it as it does make a slight noise but now I can put it on the highest setting and he’s fine”
“I also put it on my then 2 year old just for a bit of experience like (something on his back that moved of its own accord) and he was fine too.”
“Yes, best thing I ever bought :)”
“Can’t recommend them highly enough!”
“I’ve had mine for years and used it on loads of different horses (from 4yr olds to 30yr olds) all of whom love it!”
“Absolutely brilliant, he’s quite sensitive but didn’t have any problems at all, he has a little snooze while he has it on and it make so much difference in the way he goes, really pleased with it, well worth it :-)”
“best thing ever bought….. got ours second hand”.
“bought one recently and my horses both love it, they snooze with it on and are softer over the back straight away when ridden. My friend who often rides one of my horses came to the stables today just after they had both had their massage and she commented how chilled and relaxed they both were and wondered why. She was surprised when I told her they had just both had their massages”.
“Great for relaxing horse and warming up muscles, always take it competing with us, works a treat, also fab between massage visits, wouldn’t be without it!”
“Great for in the lorry before a comp. Then if the warm up is really busy you can get going – good news for a young horse”
“ ….love mine & I also use it in the lorry before a comp!”
“Great bit of kit, good value for money. I have had mine at least 3 years and use it about 5 times a week. The first thing i do when i arrived for a lesson/comp is to put it on and let her have a chill for 15/30mins. My horse has never batted an eye lid about wearing it, but so much so that she has rolled in it 3 times!!! Buts its still going strong!
“Absolutely brilliant piece of kit, my boy always seems to enjoy his and it can cut up to 10/15 mins off my warm up time as he comes out so much softer and supple”
“Absolutely love mine!! Best money I’ve spent in ages. I use it before I ride and really helps my boy”.
When to use
When to use Massage Therapy
- For horses on box rest to promote blood flow
- After exercise to help with toxin removal
- Before exercise as part of warm up
- At a show to help recover from travelling
- On your horses day off as part of a maintenance programme
- To help alleviate back problems
- Anytime as a rewarding treatment
Leading the way in innovation, our Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad was designed to provide effective, easy to use, affordable massage therapy for all horses and ponies and is now one of the most talked about products on the British Dressage Members Forum and the Horse & Hound forum.
Following clinical trials at Myerscough College, UK the Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad is proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation in horses.
The Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad was created in 2007 to help treat a successful ex racehorse suffering from chronic back pain and sensitivity. Following combined treatment with the Equilibrium Therapy Magnetic Back Pad, the horse made a full recovery and went on to pursue a new career, in Endurance!
How Does the Massage Pad Work?
The Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad has three different settings – high, medium and low – which can be selected easily from the attached controller. This enables you to select the intensity of the program to suit your horse. Each program has three different types of massage – pulsing, vibration and stroking –to ensure all muscles are worked in different ways.
The Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad can be easily incorporated into your warming up and cooling down routine. The medium setting is ideal to warm up muscles before exercise, the low setting can be used to cool down after work and the high setting helps alleviate back problems when your horse requires a more intense massage. Each session will last for 30 minutes however, this can be manually stopped at any time.
The Massage Pad fits an array of horses and ponies so can be easily transferred from horse to horse or pony. It comes in a handy carry bag which makes it ideal for use at home, away. It is easy to store in the tack room and is wipe clean. The bag also has useful storage spots for the battery and charger.
The Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad is now the choice of many Olympians, world champions and top producers.
It can be used on its own or in conjunction with the hand held Massage Mitt for an all over massage.
Benefits of Massage
Massage therapy has shown to help reduce back stiffness caused by injury and long term chronic conditions such as arthritis. It does this by increasing the blood supply to the effected muscles and removing the build up of toxins.
Tension is often one of the most common reasons for poor performance and by increasing relaxation and improving back flexibility; the negative effects of tension can be reduced. Relaxed muscles will assist with flexibility and movement in particular for competition horses performing dressage movements and jumping technical fences.
As part of our commitment to research and product development, the Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad was tested by Myerscough College in Lancashire, UK.
The results, following six weeks of testing showed that the massage pad offers significant benefits to working horses, improving back flexibility and promoting relaxation and can show an increase in stride length.
The trial itself consisted of high performance horses where the effects of massage were investigated. Firstly the horses were measured for signs of stress / relaxation immediately before, during and after the application of the massage pads over a six week period. Secondly, the horses were assessed in terms of flexibility and suppleness. There were two groups of horses – a treated group and a control group.
Back flexibility was assessed using the the ‘Arch Dip Test’. The test involves the use of pressure stimulus to generate a reflex in the horses’ back. Pressure applied to a specific region in the spinal area results in the horse ‘dipping’ away from the pressure, with a more flexible back allowing the horse to exhibit a greater ability to dip away from the source of the pressure. The arch test involves the application of pressure to the horses’ midline, in order to stimulate an upwards arch reflex in the horses’ back away from the source of pressure. Similarly, a more flexible back allows the horse to exhibit a greater ability to arch the back upwards away from the source of the pressure. The horses that had used the pad showed a significant improvement in back flexibility of approx 46%.
The horses also had their heart rates monitored. It was shown that the horses wearing the massage pad had their heart rates reduced and maintained a state of relaxation during treatment.
Safety Advice & FAQ
Will the new Equilibrium Therapy Silver Battery work with my black or navy Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad.
The new Equilibrium Therapy Silver Battery will work with the older style Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad (black or navy in colour), however it can only be charged using the NEW Equilibrium Therapy International Charger.
These are available to purchase:
Equilibrium Therapy Silver Battery – £34.95
Equilibrium Therapy International Charger – £24.95
Where can I buy replacement chargers and batteries for the Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad and Massage Mitt?
Replacement batteries and chargers for the Equilibrium Therapy Massage Pad and Massage Mitt can be ordered & purchased from your local stockist. Several of our mail order retailers also carry stock of batteries and chargers, see ‘Where to Buy’ section on our home page.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE EQUILIBRIUM THERAPY BATTERY & INTERNATIONAL CHARGER
1. Only use the Equilibrium Therapy interchangeable plug charger with the Equilibrium Therapy silver battery. See below for reference photographs. Do not use any charger other than that specifically provided for use with the equipment.
2. The interchangeable charger includes 4 plug faces which slide on and off the charger for use in the appropriate country.
3. Only use the charger with the cable fully uncoiled. If the charger is not plugged into the mains, but is connected to the battery, the green light will show on the charger – this will drain the battery.
4. Full charge of the battery can take up to 12 hours. The charger indicator light will be red when the battery is charging and green when the battery is fully charged.
5. The external flexible cable/cord of the charger cannot be replaced. If the cable/cord is damaged or the connections to the plugs at either end are damaged or frayed, the charger must be disposed of safely and a new one purchased.
6. Do not use any battery other than that specifically provided for use with the equipment. Only use the battery in the application for which it was intended.
7. Do not leave on charge once the battery is fully charged.
8. Retain the original product literature for future reference.
9. Disconnect the battery from the pad when not in use to avoid potentially draining the battery.
10. Do not dismantle, shred or open the battery pack.
11. Do not expose the battery pack to heat or fire. Avoid storage in direct sunlight.
12. Do not short circuit the battery. Do not store the battery haphazardly in a box or drawer where other metal items may short circuit the battery.
13. Do not subject the battery to mechanical shock.
14. In the event of the battery leaking, do not allow the liquid to come into contact with the skin or eyes. If contact has been made, wash the affected areas with water and seek medical advice.
15. Dispose of the battery and charger safely in accordance with your country’s regulatory requirements.
Equilibrium Therapy Battery (7.4V 2200mAh)
For use with Equilibrium Therapy Battery Charger (Worldwide : Input 100-240V 50-60Hz 0.2A, Output DC 8.4V/400mA )