1 year product guarantee
Free delivery on most orders over £40
Rated 4.9/5 stars on Feefo
Researched & tested products
Innovating for over 20 years!
Supporting Redwings Horse Sanctuary & Brooke
Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award Winner
Get more time to pay with Klarna
Equilibrium Magnetic vs. Massage or both?
Would you know when to use Massage or Magnetic on your horse or both?
Animal physiotherapy including Massage and Magnetic use, has become increasingly popular for the maintenance of horses in recent years, but do we really know which product is best suited to use on our horses and when?
Magnets have been used on both horses and humans for many, many years. Magnetic fields have been seen to sustain good blood flow and can therefore help to optimise leg and back health. Supporting general health benefits such as joint mobility and function, and also help to maintain strong tendons.
CategoryHolistic Approaches, Massage, Wellbeing
Benefits of Magnets
The body's cells have electromagnetic properties which means they can be energised by a magnetic field. Our magnets present two alternating poles to the body, negative and positive, making them different to standard Neodymium magnets, which presents only one pole. These strong, permanent magnetic fields of alternating pole sequences penetrate into the body tissue.
When should I be using Magnets?
- Every day as part of your horses’ daily routine for maintaining general health. Usually overnight or in the day when stood in.
- For horses in work from hacking to competition. This includes horses returning to work or retraining.
- For older horses or those who are slow to warm up.
- Horses on box rest, standing in for long periods of time or on limited turnout.
- General knocks and bumps.
Soft and comfortable, designed to be worn in the stable to support mobility, aid joint function and maintain healthy tendons.Shop Now
Magnetic Hind & Hock Chaps
Designed to allow our magnets to be placed directly on the hock joint. Suitable for all horses and ponies to support mobility and aid joint function.Shop Now
Place magnets where you want them with this smart Magnetic Rug that allows you to target magnets where your horse needs it most.Shop Now
Essentially the manipulation of soft tissues in the body, massage methods have historically been manual but with recent advances in technology, electrical modalities have been introduced. Massage could help with performance, which depends on freedom of movement, full flexibility and an absence of musculoskeletal pain, all of which can improve with massage (Gellman, 1998).
The Benefits of Massage
Massage has been shown to improve flexibility and promote relaxation. Tension is often of the most common reasons for poor performance in horses and by increasing relaxation and improving back flexibility; the negative effects of tension can be reduced. Like us, most horses can benefit from a massage session but maintaining a healthy back through massage can help prevent performance inhibitors such as lack of bend, hollowness, shortened stride length, or in more serious cases napping, bucking and rearing.
When to use Massage?
- For horses on box rest to maintain circulation.
- After exercise to help tired muscles.
- Before exercise as part of a warm up.
- At show or after travelling.
- On your horses day off as part of a maintenance programme.
- Anytime as a reward.
Designed to offer effective, affordable and easy to use massage. The Massage Pad is now available in Standard, Pony and XL versions.Shop Now
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Easy to use, portable hand-held mitt for use on large muscle groups in the back, neck, quarters and hamstrings.Shop Now
When should Massage and Magnetic be combined?
Combined use of the Massage and Magnetic products can have many positive benefits:
- For the ultimate maintenance regime.
- To help promote healthy muscles.
- For horses on box rest to maintain healthy circulation, flexibility and relaxation.
- Competition horses in regular work – helping to keep them in tip top shape, using before and after riding.
- For older horses still in work or those who are slow to warm up.
- For horses travelling long distances.
- For horses returning to work after periods of rest.
- For ex-racehorses in retraining.
- For horses in winter who just feel the cold.
If a horse is displaying signs of more serious back pain it is advisable to consult your vet and physiotherapist before using any additional products.
Why not take a look at...View all products
SaleEquilibrium Massage Pad
Equilibrium Massage Pad
Reward. Relax. Release your horse’s potential with this massage pad…
SaleMassage Mitt Hotspot
Massage Mitt Hotspot
Target, soothe and relax your horses hardworking muscles with comforting…
SaleEquilibrium Magnetic ChapsView product
Equilibrium Magnetic Chaps
Magnets where YOU want to support mobility, aid joint function…
SaleEquilibrium Magnetic RugView product
Equilibrium Magnetic Rug
Magnets where YOU want! Support your horse’s mobility, aid joint…